The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun weekly contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted each week. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, and the chance to choose the next week's category. Fun people only please! If you take this too seriously you will have to leave the party until you are fun again.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #16
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

I've been waiting for part two of the evil plan of domination.

CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."
Oldyote is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #17
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldyote View Post
I've been waiting for part two of the evil plan of domination.
Some time this evening. Had to wait for the smoke to work it's magic.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #18
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Some time this evening. Had to wait for the smoke to work it's magic.
Shall I pitch a tent?

"Tushka" The Black Warrior 24 x 50 offset by TuscaloosaQ, "Libby the Lion" L5000 gasser, and "Vanessa" my Vision Kamado Pro III & "Ruprecht" my Weber Gold OTG, Omar the WGA, and Sophia my WFO
Member KCBS, FBA, CBJ, and Founder French Bbq Association [url]www.kcbs.fr[/url]
CharredApron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #19
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Please accept this as my official "Berry Me Throwdown" entry.

The theme of this TD had me a little perplexed as I am not berry fond of berries.

The starting roster was like this: (Stubs was on the Mound)

Put some of the berries in a sauce pan with Palm Sugar, Triple Sec, Simple Syrup, and vodka. Started them cooking down.

Once they were cooked down sufficiently, I took the immersion blender and pureed them smooth.

Took 1/2 of the pureed berry juice and mixed up a batch of pasta dough and incorporated the berry puree into the dough.

Wrapped and rested the dough while I tended to meatier things.

Got some pineaple (Big Berry)

Loaded the Kamado with beef short ribs and some pineapple chunks to smoke for the afternoon.

Once the short ribs had caught enough smoke I popped them into the braiser with the remainder of the berry puree and 2 cups of Stubb BBQ sauce and a Bottle of Budweiser.

Went back inside and rolled out my berry pasta dough

And tied my bows.

Plated up the berry nice plate and gut down to the business at hand.

And the money shot! Please use this as my polling pic

Thanks for lookin, You all been berry good to me, and I thank You!
Jed

"Tushka" The Black Warrior 24 x 50 offset by TuscaloosaQ, "Libby the Lion" L5000 gasser, and "Vanessa" my Vision Kamado Pro III & "Ruprecht" my Weber Gold OTG, Omar the WGA, and Sophia my WFO
Member KCBS, FBA, CBJ, and Founder French Bbq Association [url]www.kcbs.fr[/url]
Old 06-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #20
93vpmod
is Blowin Smoke!

Oh hell, now I'm not even going to try to cook anything for this TD. That is Farkin' AWESOME!

I will leave the challenge to Deguerre and the other professionals.

(Insert new smoker here!), Weber WSM-22, Weber 26.75 OTG, Blue Weber Performer with gas assist, Pit Barrel Cooker, UDS with rotisserie, SJG mini-WSM, Weber Go Anywhere
93vpmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #21
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Come on Maynard Don't be discouraged. Thanks for the complement though. This one was a hard one for me!

Thanks from: --->
Old 06-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #22
superlazy
is One Chatty Farker

Berry pasta? I think I just lost before I even started.
I'll be out in the county tomorrow so the Berry fields better be dry and ripe
Old 06-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #23
deguerre

Default TD Evil Plan Of Domination...Part The Two

So. We have smoked berries and whole walnut halves. Quarter the strawberries and mix them with 1 1/2 cups turbinado sugar. Heat on kettle (Used a ci skillet to evenly distribute the heat). Add a teaspoon of lemon zest and the juice from the lemon, fold in the remaining berry mix and half of the walnuts. Cook some more.

Make some buttermilk waffle batter using the other half of walnuts chopped, slice then quarter the rounds of a banana and commence to make waffles...

Eat...

WORLD DOMINATION PIC VVVVV

Ain't decided on the World Domination pic though. On edit, chosen (See above a few).

This ends the Official Entry.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
Old 06-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #24
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

When you win can I have your sharks with the Laser Beams.....???? Bwaaahhaha

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #25
deguerre

Blofeld is leasing them conditionally...
Old 06-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #26
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

Two Please

"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."
Old 06-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #27
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

Official Entry

Atomic Raspberries

Cook Thread

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...=164088&page=2

Sent this at the Noobian Fleet

Official Entry Pic

thanks for looking

Old 06-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #28
deguerre

DAMN Jed! Just now saw your entry. Damn! I says DAMN, son!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #29
deguerre

Told ya I was waiting for these!!!

Old 06-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #30
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

How did I miss this?

Wow look at that berry ring