oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:29 AM   #1
Carolina gamecock
On the road to being a farker

Default What happened to Embers charcoal?

I remember when I was a kid, TS Ragsdale used to make Embers charcoal in the town I grew up in. Everybody used to use it and my dad swore by it in his cast iron table top hibachi grill. what ever happened to that brand? I still remember those red and white bags with fondness....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
smokeyw
is One Chatty Farker

I remember it but not with fondness. I hated it! Every time I would try it, I ended up cursing and going back to Kingsford.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
Carolina gamecock
On the road to being a farker

Ha ha!! Maybe it was my youthful outlook on life that made me think positive of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-11-2014, 07:24 PM   #4
harry.ragsdale
Found some matches.

Royal Oak has relaunched the Embers Charcoal brand, and I am happy to see it back on Home Depot shelves. I have tried the new briquettes and am happy with them overall. The new briquettes produce enough heat for most grilling, and I have not had an issue with excessive ash.
harry.ragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->