Head cookfor 2 teams?

Pole D

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hi guys - got a quick question for you. Can you be the head cook for two teams?

My situation is I am on a team with 2 other guys. They are happy with just doing 2 comps a year. We all get alone and things have worked out great so far. Only thing is I would like to do more comps (maybe 8 or so). So can I form another team and be head cook for both since we won't have any overlap in comps?

That may be a possibility but I'm not sure if the other two would be ok with that since I'll have to get others to help me out for the rest of the comps (not going to go at it solo).

Why not just do them on your own with the same team name?

+1 to this, there's many teams that have members that come/go during the season due to various reasons (family/finances/job/etc) but have a core of 1-3 people that are always there. Only thing is as said above is that you can't be HC of same team at different kcbs contests the same weekend.

You can cook, but you can only have one team associated with your KCBS account.

Yup. Tried to do the same thing and the KCBS rep. emailed back that I had to pick one team. You could have one of your teammates be the listed member for your original team and then set yourself up on the new one. This is what we did.

Back