need help with amount of salad

sunrise

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
We are doing a 45th aniversary party for 40 guests. I have figures all the meat (tri tip), beans & mac & cheese. I am stuck on how much green salad to get. They want lettuce, tomatos, cukes. Any help would be appreaciated.
Thanks

Usually I figure 3 oz per person on greens/lettuce. Depends on the crowd, but we always seem to have alot of salad leftover. Just don't run out of salad dressing.

Salad does not go with tri-tip. Problem solved.

Sorry about that...wrong forum response. my apologies.

I seem to remember a bag of premix at Sam's has 16 as the servings. So, a couple of bags, six cukes, some pepper rings, a quart of cherry or other small tomatoes and voila'. Salad for 40ish. You will not run out of salad...I have never run out of salad..ever...

If you are serving it as a side along with the other items you can get about 25oz of greens and or spinach 2 cukes, 2 bell peppers, 1 large red onion and a small container of cherry tomatoes and you will have plenty.

If you are serving a salad as a 1st course of a meal then I have no idea. We serve it as a side and the above will cover 50 people served that way.

Back