KCBS Website Issue

CBQ

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
So I was looking at BBQ Race for ZBQ's ranking (47) and then though I would check the KCBS site. Well, we seem to have vanished. ZBQ is no longer listed as a KCBS team. There are also a few "blank" teams listed in the KCBS TOY standings, so I suspect we aren't the only one. Anyone else having this problem?

I tried to use the "Contact Us" feature on the site, but it requires - lol - a local email client. :mmph: Hello, 1995 is calling! Who uses those anymore? They really should have an online form for contacting them. Most everyone uses online email now. Does anyone have an email address for contacting them?

I have the same problem. They lost all info for Fowl Butt BBQ. I emailed KCBS yesterday and she didn't even show me in the system! I had to give her a list of all the comps I've done this year. As of now I'm still not listed.

We had a points issue (KCBS wasn't counting one of our contests). Emailed the TOY email address and someone by the name of Karrin emailed back in about an hour that it was fixed.

KCBS has us at 217
BBQ Race at 215
BBQ Scores at 195

You know there are data issues. I suspect the only one that really matters is KCBS.

I went old school and called them - and the person handling this is out this week. Will see what happens. I also suggesting that requiring a local email client was a badly dated design. They said they would "talk to IT about it" but I'm not going to hold my breath.

That will give the IT a good laugh. Then he will tell you to fix your browser settings.

I looked for ours too and it is gone. I then realized my membership expired this month so I renewed and hope that fixes it.

I looked for ours too and it is gone. I then realized my membership expired this month so I renewed and hope that fixes it.

If only it was that easy just to pay. :)

I show up in results but not ToY. I have never got a good response to my emails but will try again next week.

I don't show up in any of the results anymore.... The contest we won it shows a different GC... It's like we have been erased from the history books

I don't show up in any of the results anymore.... The contest we won it shows a different GC... It's like we have been erased from the history books

Holy chit, you are right. Our results are gone too, even for LAST WEEK.

Monadnock Up In Smoke BBQ Fest

Unaltered right from KCBS...see if you can figure out where we finished in Chicken and Pork:

Chicken
1 Smokin' Hoggz BBQ 175.4286
2 INSANE SWINE BBQ 174.2856
4 HOWLING HOG BARBECUE 172.5714
5 DG Smokin' Q 171.9998

Pork
1 PORK BUTT AND CHICKEN LEGS 174.2858
3 INSANE SWINE BBQ 174.2856
4 THE BASIC BBQ TEAM 171.4286
5 Smokin' Hoggz BBQ 171.4284

Overall is a little harder, you need a hint. We weren't 4th.

Overall
1 INSANE SWINE BBQ 674.8572
2 Smokin' Hoggz BBQ 674.2856
3 Q HAVEN 672.0002
6 THE DEVINE SWINE 658.8570

I've got no direct experience or knowledge, but as just an outside observer it seems to me that KCBS in general has never really had a strong grasp on IT. Going the old school route with a phone call and following up until it's fixed is likely the best solution.

That will give the IT a good laugh. Then he will tell you to fix your browser settings.

I will admit I dont understand computers very well, but why would that give the IT guy a laugh? It does the same thing when I have tried to email and I dont have whatever Windows Live 2011 is so whenever I have a question I always call rather than email.

I will admit I dont understand computers very well, but why would that give the IT guy a laugh? It does the same thing when I have tried to email and I dont have whatever Windows Live 2011 is so whenever I have a question I always call rather than email.

It wouldn't, it's not your computer. They are too lazy to have a built in comment form like most sites have, and instead they assume you have an email program on your PC. Most people don't, at least not anymore. KCBS' contact link won't work with GMail, Yahoo mail, Outlook on the web, etc. Hey, not many people use Gmail, no problem. :becky:

Most browsers allow this to be configurable in their settings. I use Chrome. With chrome you can use this addon to redirect mailto: links to your webmail: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mailto/gppbppehiogfokmpligejhaepeopajdf?hl=en

112,876% of the time people will just make up a random statistic to try to make their point more valid. As a web developer myself....I did get a laugh.

Now onto the topic of KCBS and IT.....Yes they do need help and it has been discussed many times that they need a better way to track teams and points. They track people by a # and judges by their # but teams and points is more of "I hope they spelled my name correctly or close enough for someone to figure it out"

It wouldn't, it's not your computer. They are too lazy to have a built in comment form like most sites have, and instead they assume you have an email program on your PC. Most people don't, at least not anymore. KCBS' contact link won't work with GMail, Yahoo mail, Outlook on the web, etc. Hey, not many people use Gmail, no problem. :becky:

All Window PCs have had an e-mail client for 15 years.

Back