oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun weekly contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted each week. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, and the chance to choose the next week's category. Fun people only please! If you take this too seriously you will have to leave the party until you are fun again.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #121
Desert Hawg
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-JUN View Post

Hey HT you owe me a keyboard.
He almost got mine also.

Desert Hawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #122
93vpmod
is One Chatty Farker

Default One more for the Noobs!

Eggs, hash browns, pulled beef arm roast, onions, sharp cheddar, SM Season All, salt, pepper and Tabasco!

(Please accept photo this as my official Noob Entry!)

(Insert new smoker here!), Weber WSM-22, Weber 26.75 OTG, Blue Weber Performer with gas assist, Pit Barrel Cooker, UDS with rotisserie, SJG mini-WSM, Weber Go Anywhere
93vpmod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #123
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Aye say that's a hearty entry indeed!

"Tushka" The Black Warrior 24 x 50 offset by TuscaloosaQ, "Libby the Lion" L5000 gasser, and "Vanessa" my Vision Kamado Pro III & "Ruprecht" my Weber Gold OTG, Omar the WGA, and Sophia my WFO
Member KCBS, FBA, CBJ, and Founder French Bbq Association www.kcbs.fr
CharredApron is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 06-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #124
cirk
is Blowin Smoke!

Smoked Sloppy Joes!
Please accept photo this as my official Noob Entry

Full cook thread here
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=162813
Old 06-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #125
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Default Noobian Cirk has fired his musket

It seems that the Noobian Cirk has fired his musket at the Mighty Farkenaughty Empire so aye have retaliated and gave a round to the hull with me Blunderbuster. ArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrGH!

Please accept this Farkenaughty entry for the Veterans.

Ronald McDonald needs to move over because the Spicy Italian Sausage, Egg & Cheese Biscuit has sailed into Pirates Cove for the Summer.

Aye fired up me trusty gasser and loaded me CI Griddle with a fresh patty of Hot Italian Sausage

And Made this,

Please use this as me arrrrrrrficial enty pic.

The complete thread can be found here
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...33#post2508633

goedendag

"Tushka" The Black Warrior 24 x 50 offset by TuscaloosaQ, "Libby the Lion" L5000 gasser, and "Vanessa" my Vision Kamado Pro III & "Ruprecht" my Weber Gold OTG, Omar the WGA, and Sophia my WFO

Last edited by CharredApron; 06-08-2013 at 02:41 PM..
Old 06-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #126
DerHusker
Babbling Farker

Talking Corny, Cheesy and More Cornbread

Another Entry for the Noobian Hoard!

Details of this cook can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=162831
Old 06-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #127
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Okay, here's another cannon shot from the Farkenaughts.

But first, an appetizer...

Okay, now on to the entry, a grilled pork chop. I wonder if it is too late to also enter this into the Pork Chop Special Throwdown.

One thick bone-in loin chop. Check! Sea salt and black pepper. Check!

One hot 18.5 OTG. Check!

Served on a bed of garlic and butter rice.

One psycho-poodle to clean the plate. Check!

Mission accomplished!

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #128
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Mission Accomplished with Extreme Prejudice! Fine Work and great Pr0n!

Old 06-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #129
angryfish01
is one Smokin' Farker

Looking good there CD.
Always good planning to let the mascot pre-wash the dishes.

I gotta update my signature!

Just call me "The Fish"

or Ken works too.

Ardent fan of Chris P. Bacon
angryfish01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #130
DerHusker
Babbling Farker

Another Entry as team Noobian comes around for a broadside.

Details of this cook can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=162840
Old 06-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #131
Cack
is One Chatty Farker

Veteran Cack reporting for duty ... SIR!!!!!

I've spotted noobians trying to come around our 6, and whipped up a special little breakfast torpedo with them in my sites.

Permission to launch?

Copied from the Breakfast TD ...

As soon as I saw the title of this one, I knew I would be entering it. The wife (a.k.a. Mrs. Cack) and I started bouncing around some ideas, and this is what we came up with. Home made cinnamon rolls, smoked scrambled eggs, breakfast kebabs, and breakfast HASH browns with bacon, pork sausage, and pulled pork.

Mrs. Cack has been wanting the cinnamons rolls for weeks/months, so she got to make them

While she was doing that, I whipped up the breakfast kebabs. I soaked some wood skewers and then layered bacon, ham steak, and sausage link all the way up.

They went on the grill around 350-400 for 45-50 minutes, rotating every 10(ish) minutes.

While I was out cooking, she worked on the kebab sauce.

The cinnamon rolls only needed 30 minutes to cook, so they joined the kebabs after 15 minutes.

I took the cover off of Jessica (my Lang), and saw this little fella ... everyone else gets cute dog points ... what about baby snake points?

The cinnamon rolls and kebabs are almost done.

I did the bacon, sausage, eggs, and hash browns on the side burner. I don't have any pictures of the eggs or hash browns cooking, because by the time it was their turn things were coming off the grill and going on the smoker and going over here and going over there, so you get what you get.

The cinnamon rolls came off and the wifey iced them down ...

For the rest of the cook ... http://onenine3bbq.blogspot.com/2013...ally-itll.html

[COLOR=red][B]Red[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen, Maverick ET73, Maverick ET72

[COLOR=darkred]Check out my all things food (and movies) blog [/COLOR][URL="http://www.onenine3bbq.blogspot.com"]One Nine 3 Blog[/URL] [COLOR=darkred]or at my[/COLOR] [URL="https://www.facebook.com/OneNine3"]Facebook Page[/URL]

If you're a fellow [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=53"]Carolina Brethren[/URL] come join us and be a part of the region where BBQ was born in America.
Cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #132
angryfish01
is one Smokin' Farker

Cack has hit us hard! C'mon boys, fire at will!

I gotta update my signature!

Just call me "The Fish"

or Ken works too.

Ardent fan of Chris P. Bacon
angryfish01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #133
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Okay Noobians, brace yourself for another barrage from the SS Farkenaut.

Nothing like some breakfast food for dinner.

I started by dicing up some red potatoes in my handy-dandy dicer thingie.

I then put the diced potatoes in an oiled pan, seasoned them, and covered them with some bacon.

Then onto the 18.5 OTG indirect to roast.

After roasting, I let them cool for a second cook. I diced up the bacon for later use, as well.

I seasoned and grilled a nice breakfast cut of NY strip steak.

Next came the eggs... organic free-range eggs. Yes, they are worth the extra money. They flat-out taste better.

I sautéed some diced onion in butter and tossed on the diced bacon.

Then, on with the eggs, with a splash of organic milk (also worth the extra money, IMO).

I deep fried the cooled roasted potatoes, and served them with some grated cheddar. And here is the finished product.

I am farking stuffed.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #134
93vpmod
is One Chatty Farker

Default I Netted Dinner!

(Noob) While floating aimlessly at sea I found these in my net:

Two lobster tails and 1.5 pounds of shrimp. Seasoned with butter, lemon, garlic and Tony ChaChere's creole. I fired up the mini-WSM with some Cowboy lump.

The first mate prepared long grain wild rice, corn on the cob, and a fresh spinach salad with Dijon bacon vinaigrette dressing.

(Please accept the bottom photo as my official entry!)
The lobster rocked along with the drawn butter and the entire meal was exceptional. I also made a skewer of shrimp basted in Blues Hog honey mustard that I would cook again!

(Insert new smoker here!), Weber WSM-22, Weber 26.75 OTG, Blue Weber Performer with gas assist, Pit Barrel Cooker, UDS with rotisserie, SJG mini-WSM, Weber Go Anywhere

Last edited by 93vpmod; 06-08-2013 at 08:10 PM..
93vpmod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #135
Pyrotech
Full Fledged Farker

Arrr.. My plans for todays cook was scuttled.I was planning on doing ribs today, but last second I was talked into Brisket. Ever try to find a good brisket at 10pm on a friday night... I think the noobian fleet is buying them up in a coup attempt. So I ended up with a partially trimmed select.

Tenderness was not an issue this time around, I ended up slicing about 1/4" thick just to have it hold togather.

Some left over German Potato Salad from last weeks cook, and some Roasted Corn rounded out the meal, to form the Offical entry shot

Pyrotech is offline   Reply With Quote