THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

polishdon

Full Fledged Farker
This thing is a beast, even in the 30 degree temps and 35+MPH winds at the Roc City Rib Fest, it was rock solid holding temp. I was using a Guru with it, definitely the best set up I've used. Big thanks to Kevin at Purple Pork Masters for answering all my questions and making sure I got what I needed. And a HUGE thanks to Chad at Humphreys for making sure I received the cooker in time for the competition. He had it shipped to a place in Rochester for me to pick it up there, that's service!!!

Fresh out of the shipping wrap:
2013-05-23175112.jpg

My BBQ teammate Cory and myself, very happy about our purchase.
2013-05-23173414.jpg

We had it loaded up with (2)16lb briskets, a small brisket fla and (2)9lb butts for the judges class we cooked for on Friday:
2013-05-24134536.jpg

Love cooking on it. Don't get nearly as long of burn time as I had thought, about 5 hours using the guru, but you don't load much into the pan at once, where as I'm used to a UDS where I could put in a whole 16lb bag,

It holds temp like a champ. Even after I let the charcoal burn out it held 200 degrees for almost another 2 hours. Also bounces right back when you have to open the door to sauce, flip meats, etc.....

It is heavy as hell too. Definitely a 3 man job to get it in and out of a pick up truck.

Back