Hello from WI

213th

Hi, I am 213th. This will be brief as I am at work (yes, on Sunday and holiday weekend to boot) and using a cell phone to.type. I've been reading a few of.the threads and so far it seems like quite a great bunch here.

I am a backyard hobbyist/enthusiast in the art of BBQ. First smoked about two years ago and fell in love.

Thanks Big George!

Okay, more about me-I first smoked on a Weber style charcoal grill, and was hooked. That was two years ago. A couple more positive experiences later, and my wife bought me a smoker, saying it was just as much a present to herself as to me. It is a propane burning upright water smoker, with a wood chip/chunk grate. Pretty good starting spot for me, and over the last 1.5 years I've done some good experimenting

I've done the holy trinity of smoking, poultry, pork and brisket, and want to start branching out into fish, homemade sausage, beef ribs, and if anyone can point me in the right direction, something along the lines of tandoori ovens, but with a smoker. I am not just a Q'er, but a general foodie and really enjoy all sorts of cooking and baking. (Some things I enjoy but wouldn't claim particular expertise in lol)

I am currently employed full time as an adult baby sitter and just recently began a part time gig...as a jet-sitter.

Thanks!! Glad to see we are well represented! Even if some people consider this northern-Illinois ;)

Hello From Minneapolis,Minnesota

My name, FastAl, doesnt refer to my cooking style. It is my snowmobile user name. I thought Id use the same one.
I have 20 + years in food service ind and until last Saturday I had nothing to do with smoking food. I bought a Master Built smoker. Target had St Louis Style ribs on sale for 1.79 LB. I stocked up and smoked 3 racks on Saturday,YUM YUM.
I got it right on my first try.

Great to be here and Thanks for letting me join up

Thanks Al

Good to have you here 213th.

Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Back