Questions about The Jack

mobow

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am thinking of going as a spectator this year. Is the last weekend in October the date? Any suggestions on where to stay and any other advice and tips. Keith

Closest places with real hotels are Tullahoma and Manchester. Avoid the Quality inn in Tullahoma.

I've stayed in shelbyville once, not too bad of a drive.. But, do not drink and drive!!.. road blocks everywhere !.. KCBS website has the dates.

I'd look at hotels in Tullahoma, Shelbyville, or Fayetteville. Book early as the rates get jacked up for that weekend.

x2 on the roadblocks. Moore County is a dry county.

Get to the General Store in the town square Thursday or Friday morning for any Jack merchandise that you want to purchase, it's gets picked pretty clean by Saturday afternoon.

I'd look at hotels in Tullahoma, Shelbyville, or Fayetteville. Book early as the rates get jacked up for that weekend.

x2 on the roadblocks. Moore County is a dry county.

Get to the General Store in the town square Thursday or Friday morning for any Jack merchandise that you want to purchase, it's gets picked pretty clean by Saturday afternoon.

good point about the shops!!.. Also, seems they roll up the sidewalks early too there!!

The Best Western in Fayetteville is nice and affordable. It also has the advantage of being on the other side of Lynchburg from the freeway, so you don't have the traffic jam going into the event that you'll see from the Tullahoma side.

Keep me in mind and get ahold of me as it gets closer,we have standing reservations 10 minutes away and they usually have a cancellation which they let me know about first to put a fellow BBQ'r in, we go site see and take the HD & ride all over its more a vacation for us.

Back