MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
tx_hellraiser
Full Fledged Farker

Default Pork butt juice question

I am going to be smoking some pork butt this Sunday I am thinking about putting it in a tin pan what do yall do with he juices?
tx_hellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

If the juice tastes good I defat it and mix some into the sauce. The rest gets tossed.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Big Country BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

we take a grease separator and take the au jus from the pork and mix it with a lil sauce and put it back with the pulled. but mix it 5:1 (5 parts au jus)
ROLL TIDE ROLL!
Big Country BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
JABonk
On the road to being a farker

^^^^ x 2

Old 05-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
b182evrclear
Knows what a fatty is.

I do the same as everyone else and I love how the pork comes out. I don't like too much sauce and want to taste the pork flavor above everything else so I take a few tablespoons of sauce, a few tablespoons of drippings, and one table spoon of apple cider vinegar, to make a finishing sauce, and toss it into the pork. I also like to toss in a little extra rub as well if I think it needs it. Comes out perfect for my taste.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
firefighter4634
is one Smokin' Farker

Same as all the rest here, use some juice put it back on the pork it adds some great flavor.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
Pig Nutz
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Steve

I cooked two butts a couple nights ago in shallow foil pans on my uds. They turned out to be my best ever in 10years of cooking them. Two different recipes no less and both new. I wrapped the butts in foil and coolered them. While they sat there for a couple hours I added a half cup chicken stock to each pan and deglazed them. Dumped the whole works into a cup and put in the frig for the two hours the butts rested. The fat separates to the top and the whole thing turns to kind of a jello. Pulled the butts got the juice out and scooped the fat off the top and placed the aus jus in the microwave to turn it back into a liquid and poured it on the pork. It was fabulous.
Pig Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote