The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:43 PM   #1891
GrillsGoneWild
is one Smokin' Farker

Looks like your problem and future issues may be solved right here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy G View Post
Hi Maruboze
Here is pic of my trailer it has 3 compartment sink hand sink and southern pride 300 - let me know

Old 06-10-2014, 10:36 AM   #1892
Memphis Que
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy G View Post
Hi Maruboze
Here is pic of my trailer it has 3 compartment sink hand sink and southern pride 300 - let me know
Yeah, that's a nice rig and an even nicer offer. I'd take him up on that.
Memphis Que is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2014, 12:37 AM   #1893
borisgrekalo
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

I spend 2 days to read all 127 pages. Oh man, I am inspired!
Thanks for sharing Jeremy.
borisgrekalo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2014, 04:47 AM   #1894
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
Speaking of, I need help. Anybody have a large smoker, is willing to travel, and wants to make some money in a couple of weeks?

June 21st and 22nd I've already got orders for a few hundred people and this lady has called the restaurant begging us to do a graduation party for 200 that same weekend. I've already told her we can't do it, but she is persistent. She's already ordered 40 quarts of mac and cheese, but she's begging for pork.

So, if you have a decent sized smoker and would be willing to hang out cooking meat on the 21st and 22nd, I'd pay you as a temp employee. Plus you could spend a couple days learning about running a bbq joint by being an integral part of it.

If this might work, let me know. If nobody can help, no biggie and I'll just turn down the rest of the orders and it won't be the end of the world.

EDIT: While I was sitting here typing this, somebody came in asking me to do a party for 150 on the 21st. Holy fark.

Turning away money sucks.
Wish I could help but I'm working that weekend. I do have three ugly drums you could use if you want. I've done eight 8# butts at a time on each when I've catered big parties.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Brinkman Dual Zone Proffessional Grill, Uniflame Tabletop Gasser, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2014, 09:48 AM   #1895
KalamazooMark
Got rid of the matchlight.

Quote:
Had a lurker brethren stop in today. It's amazing so many of you, active posters or not, have made the trip. Can't thank you guys enough.
I'm the lurker (this is my first post). I traveled from Kalamazoo and it was well worth the trip. This place is the real deal and Jeremy showed me some amazing hospitality. I tried a little of everything and can't say enough how impressed I was with the quality of the food and just how cool the restaurant is. The ambiance was amazing, it looks and feels the way I think a BBQ Joint should look, great music playing, BBQ competition on the big screen tv, but best of all was the food. The brisket was perfectly trimmed and just as tender as a young mother's love. The rib tips looked almost too good to eat, tender, smoky and so flavorful they really didn't need sauce. The three sauces on the tables were fantastic, though, perfect whether you like it sweet, spicy, or tangy. The coleslaw was delicious and the cornbread was sweet and cake-like, which goes great with the salty, smoky, spicy meat. Jeremy hooked me up with some samples of chicken wings, sausage and a cheese/pulled-pork stuffed bacon wrapped jalepeno pepper. Holy smokes, they were all so good. I've never had better BBQ, it beats any of the restaurants I've been to, including the places in Texas and Memphis, TN. If you haven't been to the Prized Pig, you owe it to yourself to make the journey. My hat's off to Jeremy, he really knows what he's doing. Congratulations on opening a kick-ass restaurant, and thanks for the hospitality, Brother.
KalamazooMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-13-2014, 11:25 AM   #1896
NukeDad
Found some matches.

Like many, I joined so that I could post on Jeremy's epic journey. I'm in the same boat you were floating in a year or so ago; wanting to open my own restaurant. I worked restaurants most of my life, finally "escaping" 10 years ago from a large chain that ran me ragged. My first restaurant job, and first love, was BBQ. I worked 3 J&R Oyler 1300's for about 4 years as the main Pitmaster. Your journey has certainly given me much to think about and I, like many others, thank you for your honest portrayal of the trials and tribulations of being an entrepreneur.
NukeDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2014, 12:46 PM   #1897
Schubox
Knows what a fatty is.

Amazing thread!! Out of curiousity I clicked on the thread with 1800+ posts and I was hooked & had to keep reading the whole thing (took me about a week!). Could not be happier for Jeremy & his family for their hard won success. After all the obstacles you've overcome, you deserve it. I just wish I lived closer!
Schubox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2014, 01:07 PM   #1898
smokinbutts
Full Fledged Farker

Thhis really should be edited and written as a book, New York times best seller!
smokinbutts is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2014, 09:30 PM   #1899
mike-cleveland
is one Smokin' Farker

This is the reason I signed up. Congrats. Still waiting on an update though. Take your time though I know you are probably really busy.
mike-cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2014, 10:01 PM   #1900
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks for the kind words, kzoo mike. It was great to meet you.

As for an update, I hope to on Monday. But as a teaser, yesterday set a record in terms of business. Incredibly, today beat that. It has been insane.

And some ugly employee issues and firings, new hires, and so much more. I had no idea what I was getting into. But it's still the most incredibly fun thing I've ever done.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:06 PM   #1901
Crakaveli
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
And some ugly employee issues and firings, new hires, and so much more.
details!
Crakaveli is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2014, 12:15 PM   #1902
bigticket1
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words, kzoo mike. It was great to meet you.

As for an update, I hope to on Monday. But as a teaser, yesterday set a record in terms of business. Incredibly, today beat that. It has been insane.

And some ugly employee issues and firings, new hires, and so much more. I had no idea what I was getting into. But it's still the most incredibly fun thing I've ever done.
You just need to quit hiring ugly employees !
bigticket1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2014, 12:17 PM   #1903
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

ahhh, employees, can't live with them, can't live without them...

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less

SSS
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2014, 03:30 PM   #1904
brinkley
Got rid of the matchlight.

What an education you got..Best wishes on your continued success
brinkley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2014, 03:36 PM   #1905
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
You just need to quit hiring ugly employees !
I did this. It took care of ugly employee issues, but, created a whole host of others

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less

SSS
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote