oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
trucky9754
On the road to being a farker

Default Refrigerators for trailers

I am in the process of having a new vending trailer made for me. The interior of the trailer is going to be 6'9" high. I was looking at an Arctic Air refrigerator but the only model I can find is like 83" in height. I've checked and really can't find a commercial refrigerator that would fit inside the trailer height wise. Most would fit until I put the 5" or 6" wheels on it which I would need to satisfy the HD. Any suggestions on a good unit?

cooking on
Backyard Jambo Pit, Gateway Drum Smoker
Fast Eddy FEC100, Large Big Green Egg, Weber Gasser
ATC Quest 24" BBQ Trailer
2-Ultra-accurate Thermopen Red & Orange
Official MOINKER since 2010
KCBS Member & Certified KCBS Judge
trucky9754 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
smokeworker
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucky9754 View Post
I am in the process of having a new vending trailer made for me. The interior of the trailer is going to be 6'9" high. I was looking at an Arctic Air refrigerator but the only model I can find is like 83" in height. I've checked and really can't find a commercial refrigerator that would fit inside the trailer height wise. Most would fit until I put the 5" or 6" wheels on it which I would need to satisfy the HD. Any suggestions on a good unit?
I have an Arctic Air in my van, I went through the same crisis as you are. I did not see too many options shorter than an AA. I almost bought under counter units as a solution. Eqippers.com had the best pricing when I looked 2 years ago. Used equipment retailers want an arm and a leg for under counter units, plus they take up more floor area.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
trucky9754
On the road to being a farker

Thanks but I checked with Arctic Air but their new model is different than the one in the past. The new one is over 83 inches tall which is too tall for my trailer. I tried to get their older model but there are none around.

cooking on
Backyard Jambo Pit, Gateway Drum Smoker
Fast Eddy FEC100, Large Big Green Egg, Weber Gasser
ATC Quest 24" BBQ Trailer
2-Ultra-accurate Thermopen Red & Orange
Official MOINKER since 2010
KCBS Member & Certified KCBS Judge
trucky9754 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
smokeworker
Knows what a fatty is.

Do you have a decent amount of floor space? The under counter units may be your only option. I didn't because of access doors and wheel wells in my van (9 ft box).

Old 05-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #5
jaxbbq
Got Wood.

If you are still in planning phase ask the builder what it would cost to get more head room. Raise the roof and increase your comfort. For very little more money you could get 7' or 7'6". I went with 8' and temp at my head dropped significantly.
jaxbbq is offline   Reply With Quote