"Different" Handle for UDS Lid

Toney Marconi

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Nice but won't it get a little hot to handle ( no pun intended) bare handed?

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered two for my BWS cart. $4.10 for 18" style.

Thank you for sharing this brother, I've been looking at these for quite a while trying to justify the price. Just ordered 8 each of the 18", 24", and 36". That should be enough to "re-handle" some of my cookers with a few left over for a new project.

Last edited:
I use gloves and lift by the outer rim. I'll forget the gloves often with no problem. Most of the time I'll reach to the flue and lift. Never liked the idea of a handle on thin metal. I do use gaskets on the lids so they are not stuck though.Steve.

I use gloves and lift by the outer rim. I'll forget the gloves often with no problem.

That's what I do now. More often without gloves than with. What it really boils down to is I couldn't pass up a 90% off deal. Even if it was on bath safety supplies.

I'm a bit confused... wouldn't these be way too big for a UDS lid?

It might be. The lid is less than 18" across so it will fit. It may not look right so I may or may not use it. But for less than $2 shipped, I have nothing to lose. I'll use it for something in the garage if it doesn't go on the UDS.

Thank you for sharing this brother, I've been looking at these for quite a while trying to justify the price. Just ordered 8 each of the 18", 24", and 36". That should be enough to "re-handle" some of my cookers with a few left over for a new project.

Too bad you are not local to me, I could get you them for scrap price (about 53 cents a pound)

It might be. The lid is less than 18" across so it will fit. It may not look right so I may or may not use it. But for less than $2 shipped, I have nothing to lose. I'll use it for something in the garage if it doesn't go on the UDS.

Can't argue with that logic. Update the thread if you use it! I can't because my UDS has evenly spaced pipe nipples as exhaust

Can't argue with that logic. Update the thread if you use it! I can't because my UDS has evenly spaced pipe nipples as exhaust

Too big to use as a handle

But like I said, I knew I could use them for something. Makes a great rack to hang a towel on.

Back