oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Kudos to Kit Rudd and Michael Fay

Just wanted to send my thanks out to Kit (Deguello) and Michael (Aporkalypse) for spending their personal time to cook for our Judges class in Annapolis this past weekend. They were up at 3AM firing up the smokers after they had competed the day before. I know they didn't give us award winning Q, but the non-cooks at my table thought it was great eats! Man will they be surprised when they judge a contest.

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
Kit R
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
Just wanted to send my thanks out to Kit (Deguello) and Michael (Aporkalypse) for spending their personal time to cook for our Judges class in Annapolis this past weekend. They were up at 3AM firing up the smokers after they had competed the day before. I know they didn't give us award winning Q, but the non-cooks at my table thought it was great eats! Man will they be surprised when they judge a contest.
You are welcome! We rolled everything in a proprietary mix of rubs the likes of which will probably never be duplicated, cranked up Mike's Spicewine to "Inferno" and let it roll. The brisket was surprisingly good. As for the rest, well, uh, that's not quite the color I strive for on chicken (I think I can safely speak for Mike and say neither does he). Don Chomas, Captain Ed, Cruise Director Doreen and the rest of the Parole Rotary crew do a great job at Naptown, and it is always a pleasure to help them out. It was exhausting doing the school the morning after the comp, but at least it was a short drive home. Much shorter than the drive home from KC after the American Royal double!

Old 05-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
K-Train
is One Chatty Farker

Awesome of you guys to do that. I was too worn out to do much of anything Saturday night/ Sunday, not to mention having to cook again. Go Cowboys!
WSM 22.5
GMG Davy Crockett
K-Train is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit R View Post
The brisket was surprisingly good.
I thought the brisket was good as well. Although the burnt ends weren't "burnt" I thought they were delicious. Hard to pass up any kind of burnt end (except for a certain restaurant's).

KCBS CBJ

Old 05-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
Kit R
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
Awesome of you guys to do that. I was too worn out to do much of anything Saturday night/ Sunday, not to mention having to cook again. Go Cowboys!
I hope Fat Maxine got some, seeing as how her team did so well!

Old 05-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
I know they didn't give us award winning Q,
How do you know that's not what we turn in? You don't like "meteorite" chicken?

Quote:
You are welcome! We rolled everything in a proprietary mix of rubs the likes of which will probably never be duplicated, cranked up Mike's Spicewine to "Inferno" and let it roll. The brisket was surprisingly good. As for the rest, well, uh, that's not quite the color I strive for on chicken (I think I can safely speak for Mike and say neither does he). Don Chomas, Captain Ed, Cruise Director Doreen and the rest of the Parole Rotary crew do a great job at Naptown, and it is always a pleasure to help them out. It was exhausting doing the school the morning after the comp, but at least it was a short drive home. Much shorter than the drive home from KC after the American Royal double!
It's a long day doing the judge's school after a comp but I was happy to help out. Every square inch of every rack in the cooker was covered with the judge's school and VIP bits. Add to that I don't think I've ever seen a 15 lb pork butt until Sunday morning
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
walrus79
On the road to being a farker

Way to go boys...reppin' the bbq empire that is Springfield, VA! ;-) haha

Old 05-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #8
K-Train
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
I hope Fat Maxine got some, seeing as how her team did so well!
Thanks. Sadly good Old Maxine's passed away 5 years ago. She was a good dog and she liked to eat. Hence the "Fat"
WSM 22.5
GMG Davy Crockett
K-Train is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #9
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro View Post
How do you know that's not what we turn in? You don't like "meteorite" chicken?
I know better! Actually I scored the chicken breast a 9 for tenderness cuz I know how hard breasts are to smoke.

KCBS CBJ