ブタ
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 04-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #31
SmokinAussie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Excellent Jon!

Purchasing now!

..... Dang it. Credit Card expired Jon... How 'bout a compimentary copy!

Just Kidding!

Cheers!

Bill
Just remember... the standard has gone up. You Americans are getting good at LAMB!

IMBAS Certified MOINK BALLER (NOSKOS RULE)
"Bullet Bill" WSM
"Blue Lou" Performer
Too many other bits of BBQ Gear to count!

Last edited by SmokinAussie; 04-18-2013 at 06:46 AM..
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #32
Rib-O-Lator
Full Fledged Farker

TWO DOLLARS!......Ooooo I only have three! Doh!
2. 22.5 kettles
a torch and weed burner in case the others fail, or i just want to burn somthin.
and a few Rib-O-lators (ROL)
Buford UDS kettle diffuser

B-O-B 206-999-0962 info@ribolator.com
http://www.ribolator.com
Rib-O-Lator is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #33
Jonny Rotisserie
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rib-O-Lator View Post
TWO DOLLARS!......Ooooo I only have three! Doh!
Did you check under the sofa cushions? There may be more there. Also, as some folks mentioned, if you have Amazon Prime, you can actually borrow it for FREE. Ironically, if I understand it correctly, the way I have the book priced for now, I actually earn more when people borrow it than when they buy it. Not sure how that plays out in the sales rankings, though.

Speaking of which, your financial investment of almost two full dollars will get you...wait for it...the #6 bestselling book on Amazon! (in my category). Yes, this fame will be fleeting, but THANK YOU EVERYONE on here who helped rocket my book to the top. I extremely grateful for your support! For those who have purchased copies, I hope you enjoy it. I'm glad to be able to share these stories with you all.

--Jonny Rotisserie

Thanks from:--->
Unread 04-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #34
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

After seeing your posts and pics over the last few years it's a pleasure to read these stories.
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Unread 04-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #35
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
After seeing your posts and pics over the last few years it's a pleasure to read these stories.
I definitely agree with Guerry on this. It is always special to be able to find out something about the life of a Brethren. Looks like you're a real person and not a bot.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #36
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Rotisserie View Post
Speaking of which, your financial investment of almost two full dollars will get you...wait for it...the #6 bestselling book on Amazon! (in my category). Yes, this fame will be fleeting, but THANK YOU EVERYONE on here who helped rocket my book to the top. I extremely grateful for your support! For those who have purchased copies, I hope you enjoy it. I'm glad to be able to share these stories with you all.

--Jonny Rotisserie
That's even better than coming in 223rd.

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller
CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns
When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man
Will work for bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #37
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4

Sooo... I'm a REALLY awful friend... I let work and customers get in the way of buying the book yesterday...

I was going to buy it this morning and then I noticed that there were hardly any reviews of it on amazon and I thought, "Well how good can it be if nobody's rating it? Even some spiteful trolling would be better than what's there now!"

So wadda the folks that bought it think? Worth the $2?
I mean, I can get a tallboy of PBR for a buck seventy-nine... seems like a better investment... 'sides, I heard I look fat in the pictures... not Gore fat, but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
...Looks like you're a real person and not a bot.
Wrong! Having met Jonny, he most assuredly some sort of Borg... just not sure if he's assimilating or being assimilated.

We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this. ~Butz

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #38
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Just gave it 5 stars. When it posts, I think you'll be able to tell which review is mine.
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #39
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Alright, so of the 2 chapters that pertain to BBQ and Brethren, I was present for both (one via phone, the other physically) and I can truthfully tell you, the statements made therein are not hyperbolic embellishments to make for more palatable reading. That crap happened.
It's probably just due to reliving it through Jonny's words, but I have not laughed this hard in a long time... OMG!

Funny carp right there...

We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this. ~Butz

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Unread 04-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #40
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

"...Granted, the amount I had eaten didn't add up to much more than a chicken squirt..."

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Unread 04-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #41
Smokin Mike
is One Chatty Farker

I just bought this book, so far I think it's great, and worth more then 2 bucks, OMG it's funny!

Yoder 640
Yoder 1320
UDS (Snail barrel)
FEC-100 X2
Traeger 124 (older american made model)

KCBS, FBA Judge
Smokin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #42
Jonny Rotisserie
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
That's so cool! I just checked one of mine and it's sitting at Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #9,000,622 in Books (See Top 100 in Books) It was just under #10,000,000 yesterday, so you'd better watch out Jonny, I'm catching up on you! I'm wondering who would be crazy enough to pay the $87.50 for a Kindle edition of a book.
Gore, what are your books? I am guessing the one you mentioned is a print edition as A) I thought the cap on Amazon's eBook pricing was $9.99 B) the ranking number you mentioned--I think when I started out, the first number I saw was around the 200,000 mark overall among Kindle Paid books (and have made it to as high as around #3400!). I am speculating that for the time being there are fewer e-books than print ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will work for bbq View Post
That's even better than coming in 223rd.
Interesting comparison! I have to say, as excited as I am to make it on the bestseller list, there was something real special about getting #223. I know I got a LOT more sloshed THAT night. It was such an against-all-expectations moment after an exhausting struggle. Despite everything I have seen and done, that moment remains a true lifetime highlight. (I know all you guys that waltz up and collect the big trophies every couple weeks may find that hard to imagine (especially the guys who look almost grumpy to be receiving yet another gigantic trophy--what's up with that?))

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnucklHed BBQ View Post
So wadda the folks that bought it think? Worth the $2? I mean, I can get a tallboy of PBR for a buck seventy-nine... seems like a better investment...
I can't promise that it's worth more than two bucks or that it will taste any better than the PBR, but it should last longer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Just gave it 5 stars.
Guerry, thank you SO MUCH!! You effectively doubled the number of reviews I had up there. Thanks both for the kudos and for making the effort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnucklHed BBQ View Post
"...Granted, the amount I had eaten didn't add up to much more than a chicken squirt..."
Boy, you have really been reading ahead! I am smiling that out of the whole book, that is the one quote you picked out. As embarrassing as it is, I was kind of fond of that reference, but wasn't sure if people would get what I meant. I guess you did!

--Jonny Rotisserie

Unread 04-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #43
kenthanson
Full Fledged Farker

Purchased, but for some reason my copy was $2.03
kenthanson is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #44
Jonny Rotisserie
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenthanson View Post
Purchased, but for some reason my copy was $2.03
Thanks so much for grabbing a copy! Sure hope you enjoy it, especially since you had to pay a premium for your copy.

Not sure what the price creep was on that. Sales tax? I am pretty sure I am not getting any additional kickbacks. I do intend to raise the price by a buck later next week, so you are still ahead of that game by a full 96 cents! Rather than fretting the high price you paid, think of all the things you can do with those savings! There's always a silver lining...

--J.R.

Unread 04-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #45
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Rotisserie View Post
Gore, what are your books? I am guessing the one you mentioned is a print edition as A) I thought the cap on Amazon's eBook pricing was $9.99 B) the ranking number you mentioned--I think when I started out, the first number I saw was around the 200,000 mark overall among Kindle Paid books (and have made it to as high as around #3400!). I am speculating that for the time being there are fewer e-books than print ones.
A) Nope, it's a Kindle edition for that much. I don't think they've sold any copies. The price is now: "$79.20 Kindle Edition"

B) Wow, so you probably had a better ranking before it was even for sale. And lookie here! I've now broken the 10,000,000 mark!
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #10,600,040 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
BBQ Competition, book, Jonny Rotisserie, the Royal, Vacation Boy