The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 04-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #16
TheJackal
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Wish I had some of that sausage and eggs for breakfast right now!
TheJackal is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #17
Bigdog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Nice. This is such a good idea that Weber now makes one. You sir are ahead of your time. Maybe you need to do R & D for Weber.

Weber Platinum Kettle, Weber OTS, Meco square grill, ECB, a WSM, a cool fold up camping grill, a Blackstone flat top camping stove, The MOAB, and now the proud owner of a YS640, MOINK.

Smoke on Brother KC

Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #18
seadad9903
Full Fledged Farker

thanks to everyone for the comments. i've always thought making stuff yourself is better, both in quality and in price, than you can buy. besides, i got tons of time now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekykleen View Post
Wow, looks like you are pretty handy to have around! What style of beer are you brewing?
the white house honey ale, from an extract kit. it's my first time brewing, soi'm keeping my fingers crossed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMAJ View Post
Nice way to take care of the family! Tell us more about the chicken... details please...
it's fairly simple, use 1 tbsp honey and 1 1/2 tsp salt for each 8 oz chicken breast put them in a bag (i used a vacuseal bag) for 2 days, i also sprinkled in some of my house rub. pull them out, rinse and soak in water for an hour or so. the hardest part was making the log. i overlapped two breasts point to point, and then overlapped the rest with the points going tin the same direction. tying it was a PITA because they kept wanting to slip apart, but it is tied like you would tie a roast. after it was smoked i let it sit overnight in the fridge to make slicing easier. when i sliced it some of the individual breast pieces came apart, but overall it held together pretty well. i think for the net one i'll get full breasts from a butcher so the log will be bigger, and i'll use less breasts in each log to help with tying them.

here's where i found the recipe that i used torihamu article

seadad's smokehouse

Brinkmann Dual function grill, Weber SJS converted to mini WSM, a 18.5" WSM, 18.5" Frankenweber pizza oven & a super-duper fast flame thermapen.
seadad9903 is offline   Reply With Quote