The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 02-08-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
Bossmanbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default BBQ catering trailor

Anyone have suggestions on purchasing a catering trailor, who to go to, which ones are good quality for the price etc... I'm writing my business plan now and need to get an idea on prices and such. I looked at Southern Yankee, and Lang. Any others? Even good quality used ones would work, dont need the Cadilac of BBQ rig's when the VW version will work Thanks in advance.

Bossman
chuckmarting@bossmanbbq.com
Bossmanbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-08-2006, 10:43 AM   #2
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

If you're looking at catering/vending alone consider using something like the FEC100 or Cookshack cookers. They are much easier to fit into a trailer than some other smokers. They'll fit under a vent hood.

On the other hand, the Southern Yankee, Austin National, or Lang rigs are right up there and I've looked at all of them - stick burning is a bit more effort for the product. However, these rigs can also be used for competition (as can the FEC100 or one of Spicewine's).

A catering trailer, with appropriate ventilation or screen porch, could be fitted out with a Spicewine or Stump's or Jedmaster, etc. without too much additional effort. The focus needs to be on the interior (food safety, water, etc.) and then look at how you want to cook. Look for the rig that gets you closest to what you envision.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-08-2006, 12:56 PM   #3
CharlieBeasley
is one Smokin' Farker

Chad had some good ideas and you will get many more SmokenCracker has a really nice set up with all the room you will need + it subs as a car hauler. Good model. If you are talking about concession trailers then try this site http://www.sybbq.com/. Hope this helps.
CharlieBeasley is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #4
Smoker
is One Chatty Farker

http://www.russellconcessions.com/
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-09-2006, 07:26 AM   #5
CharlieBeasley
is one Smokin' Farker

Smoker those were sweet!!! I almost hoped the Boss would give me a rash to day then reality hit and I looked at the prices maybe next year! GRiN
CharlieBeasley is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-09-2006, 07:54 AM   #6
smokincracker
is one Smokin' Farker

Bossman

Mike from woodhouse grill is selling his Southern Yankee catering rig.
The log cabin one with the 6' rotisserie.
4 years old in good shape.

Call him
863-381-0063
EXPERT IN CRACKERESE
Spicewine Smoker Sales Southeast 863-381-1530
smokincracker is offline   Reply With Quote