The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 01-01-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
HarleyDiva
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Meat Slicer Blade - question for the meat slicer experienced

I'm getting ready to order a meat slicer. Decided on the Chef's Choice 610, as it seems to have good reviews, and will not be used heavily. I will use it primarily for slicing brisket, pastrami, bacon, smoked turkey breast or ham for sandwiches. I have read a lot of comments about getting the non serrated blade for thin slicing. Bed, Bath & Beyond is offering one on their website which includes the non serrated blade rather than the serrated. Is there any reason I would need the serrated blade?????
HarleyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
captmoby
Knows what a fatty is.

From my experience the answer would be : No
I never could figure out why some of them come that way.
captmoby is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #3
Dirtbuddy
is one Smokin' Farker

I have the 632 and have just been using the stock blade for years cutting thicker cut bacon > beef super thin for beef dip sando's with zero issues. Cold meat it key for good cuts. Non serrated blade in not needed for thin slicing IMHO.

Unread 01-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #4
grantw
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 3

being that it says for ultra thin slicing with the non serrated blade- the serrated blade with be a little more durable. mine is serrated and when you feel the edge of the actual blade its far from sharp but still cuts very well

Unread 01-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #5
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

its good for slicing breads, tomatoes & cheeses, but with that said in my deli, I used a non serated blade but it was a Globe Commercial Slicer.

"Tushka" The Black Warrior 24 x 50 offset by TuscaloosaQ, "Libby the Lion" L5000 gasser, and "Vanessa" my Vision Kamado Pro III & "Ruprecht" my Weber Gold OTG
Member KCBS, FBA
Pitmaster at "Sultans of Sting" BBQ Team it's a French thing!
http://www.charredapron.com
CharredApron is offline   Reply With Quote