MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Default Three reverse flow smokers/finished pics by TQ and Tyler

Me andTyler just completed these smokers they are reverse flow 2 patio models and one well could go on the patio the tongue is removeable and i can pick up with one hand. Here are the pics and thanks for looking

Here are the three as a group, Tyler built the patio models it use to be the student and teacher but i'll be darn if that boy ain't teaching Daddy a few things along the way. Heck i call it a blessing!!!!!!!

Tyler model with a ingorganic zinc primer sprayed on it. We are trying a new paint and I think it will be awesome. I am always trying to find the best for the customer. It is pricey but if you are spending xxx# of$$s would you not wnt the best. I read somewhere where one builder said you could not spray a primer on high heat..... He is full of poo poo!!!! They do it in the refinery where i work all the time!!!!!

my model in the shop after sandblasting, all of our cookers are sandblasted first, all of them!!!!!!

after the ingorganic primer and top coat. This cooker is one of the best i have ever built. the door design allows for a lot of meat ie you got more volume. I fired this cooker up went up to 350 degrees down to 300 went tom 225 and the temps remained even across. It is going to be anawesome cooker and it is very versitile. It should be a top seller

The next picture shows the warmer. it has a removeable fire basket that can be replaced with another grate. It has a ash pan so if you want to do dedicated cooks in it you have a vertical cooker also. You can also pulled a slide and get heat and smoke from the cook chamber. This is an awesome cooker and I most defiently going to build one for myself!!!!!

TQ holding the trailer up with one finger our trailers sre balanced for the perfect tongue weight. I do not like busting a gut picking up a trailer

A happy customer

that is Big Red and TQ

Big Red leaving . We Tyler built the bumper on that truck also

This is one of Tyler pato models

he made the wheels I think they look cool

A couple of Tyler's recent bumpers

http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/Tu...02-13.jpg.html

Wow!! That was a job for me tring to post pics bvecause I a puter illerate!!!!! Thanks for looking
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
savageford
is one Smokin' Farker

WoW that is some awesome work you guys are putting out there!!
savageford is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
flyingbassman5
is one Smokin' Farker

Beautiful work fellas!!

Old 03-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

nice
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
dkryzer
On the road to being a farker

Looks great Paul.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #6
Motley Q
On the road to being a farker

Thumbs down

All the cookers look nice but they all lack a very important component

SHELVES at pit level.
Motley Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #7
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motley Q View Post
All the cookers look nice but they all lack a very important component

SHELVES at pit level.
We have put shelves many times exactly where you are talking about, aint my fist rodeo..... Not one customer wanted one and we build custom cookers, meaning exactly what they want and we as a unit decide. The cooker on the trailer has a flat top and the customer said that would suffice for him...

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #8
el_matt
Babbling Farker

You may be a puter illiterate, but you know how to make a cooker. Next time you make one, you might want to use the really big thermometers!

Matt

Old 03-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

el_matt Yea the customer furnished those gauges.. very expensive!! Hey but thanks for the kudos on the cookers. I am gonna learn this puter stuff one day

Old 03-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #10
Freddy j
is one Smokin' Farker

Impressive work guys.... That is USA built pride at its finest!
Freddy j is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #11
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscaloosaQ View Post
We have put shelves many times exactly where you are talking about, aint my fist rodeo..... Not one customer wanted one and we build custom cookers, meaning exactly what they want and we as a unit decide. The cooker on the trailer has a flat top and the customer said that would suffice for him...

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments!!!!!!!
You nailed it - what the customer wants. I actually have a really nice shelf at grate level on my home built reverse flow stick burner. It looks great and its useful for holding my iGrill sending unit and a towel, but pretty much worthless for anything else.

PS: I'm getting tired of saying great build, guess I need to expand my vocabulary.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #12
PaPaQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Clyde

Very Nice!
PaPaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 08:12 PM   #13
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy j View Post
Impressive work guys.... That is USA built pride at its finest!
Thanks brother that means a lot because I bleed, red, white, and blue

dwfisk you are exactly right if the customer wants mud flaps and does not adversly affect the cooker then they are going on it!!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #14
davefan360
Take a breath!

very nice craftsmanship. do you have any more photos of the latch system on the trailer with square doors? I am looking for some ideas for my pit.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #15
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefan360 View Post
very nice craftsmanship. do you have any more photos of the latch system on the trailer with square doors? I am looking for some ideas for my pit.
This is the only one I found hope it helps. the rod ran wild i cut it off later. It works vey well just a piece of flat bar welded on it goes in and tightens down of the backside of the angel frame