MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #16
cheapbeer
Full Fledged Farker

I have not done one in a long while but I used to rub them with durkee turkey rub, wrap them in bacon, smoke in my old and sold gasser at 250 for two hours, them wrap with some butter for 2 hours and call it done. Now I would brine it, bacon weave it after a yardbird rubdown with maybe a few other flavors mixed in, hit it up on the 18.5 wsm or uds with lump and Wisconsin cherry, same temp and timeline. I would not use butter in the foil anymore, just maybe some chicken broth for a bit of moisture. This was for one side of the breast, not sure if thats what you meant by cut in half. the leftovers are great cubed then baked in wild rice with shredded chedder cheese, and peas.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #17
buttburnersbbq
Full Fledged Farker

I did a wild turkey breast back in January. What I did was butterflied the breast and pounded it flat. Seasoned with spices and added stuffing on top. Rolled it up and warped in bacon. We smoked for about 1 1/2 hours then wrapped in foil for 30 minutes and temp was 250. Came out great and not gamey.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #18
smokeinthenoke
On the road to being a farker

I'm glad you asked this, I have two wild turkey breasts in the fridge from the in-laws and had no idea what to do with them. Sounds like everyone has some great ideas. Good thing I just bought a nice new meat pounder
smokeinthenoke is offline   Reply With Quote