• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First shot with the Sniper...

smokeisgood

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well, it's been a long wait for me to have the time to actually smoke something on the Pitmaker Long Rifle Sniper, so today I have some time, so here goes. Going to do a brisket for sammiches, and some baby backs for dinner.......so first off you have to have fuel...mostly oak with a few pieces of ash mixed in...
Fuel.jpg

Nothing really specatcular here, just a Walmart brisket.....a little over 10lbs...

10lbs.jpg

Fire's lit....not sure why the top log looks so big in the pic...it really isn't that big......

fire.jpg

Pit settles in on temp.....going to try to sat between 270 and 280 today

trans.jpg

Thin blue barely perceptable smoke....

tbs.jpg

Just a little bit of special rubs.....

rub-1.jpg

All tucked in....

onthepit.jpg

otp2.jpg

Since the pit is mostly empty, I put a water pan in with it.... ribs will go on shortly...

Looking good... :thumb:

* Official request for wide shot to see the space of the cooker!

Ribs are rubbed down...trying something a little different (maybe some of you have already tried it) I put a base of rib tickler on first, then coated with Pig Powder. We'll see how it works out....time to enjoy the cigar and libation while tending the stick burner.....

ribs-bourbon.jpg

Placed on the racks....

ribsonpit.jpg

Brisket is a little over two hours in......

2hoursin.jpg

Here you go Josh...not sure what you can see through the smoke. There is one brisket and 3 racks. You could actually go two briskets deep on each of the shelves, and probably 4 or 5 across....times three racks.

inside.jpg

Beautiful, pristine cooking grids... Good thing you took a picture... Last time they'll look that way!

ribs wrapped...(just found out I have no brown sugar, oh well) brisket wrapped...internal 180 degrees....

We expect plenty of pics Smoke.

Looks great so far.

Dave

Well, the ribs were pretty farking good.....

ribs-done.jpg

Plenty of moisture...the smoke ring from oak is not near as red as with hickory...

cutribs.jpg

Personally, I like "fall off the bones ribs" so these could have gone a little longer.....but for competition, pretty much nailed it....
bite.jpg

the plate...

plate.jpg

Back