The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
Royalslover
Full Fledged Farker

Default can anyone reccomend a food processor?

I'm looking for a good processor in the $50-$75 range. Any recommendations? Looking for something versatile and easy to clean.
Royalslover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

I have a cheap GE food processor that came from Walmart. I think I paid somewhere between 30-40 for it quite a long time ago. It works fine and I have had no problems with it. None of them are particularly easy to clean. This is one of those tools that you can spend a lot of money on, but I don't believe the performance or overall quality increases in tandem with the price of the product.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
SmokeFan
Full Fledged Farker

I have a Ninja Prep and a Kitchen Aid as seen here:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/14895654?w...l5=pla&veh=sem

and here:

http://www.kitchenaid.com/flash.cmd?...uct/KFPW760OB/

I like them both, but the Ninja gets way more use.
SmokeFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
NCT
Knows what a fatty is.

I have a Food network brand from kohls. It is a 12 cup and when they go on sale you can get it very cheap. It works great.

http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstor...45524892491485
NCT is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
willbird
Full Fledged Farker

I just got a 14 cup Oster from Maomart...I got it to knead pizza dough and it works well for that, and I will use it for other stuff too I'm sure. It does not sit there and knead dough like a DLX will, you add the dry stuff first, then the water, and pulse it, and finally after about 60 seconds of pulsing the dough will form into a ball that really needs no more kneading. The smaller bowl worked fine for the dough for a 12" pizza, I did enough for a 16" in the larger bowl.

Bill
willbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #6
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

I know it's a little out of your stated budget, but I would highly recommend the Cuisinart Pro Custom 11 cup. I've had it for years, use it at least once a week, and is fantastic. Just toss everything into the dishwasher and you're good to go for the next use..

A food processor is one of those kitchen appliances where I think bigger is better unless you have a very unique and specific use you're looking at. I had a few smaller models before getting this one and size was often a problem. This 11 cup model is probably as small as I'd go. But I use it regularly to make fresh salsa, hummus, sauces, bread crumbs, purees, etc.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote