The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 07-26-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
imott
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default CyberQ WIFI INFS Router Issues

I have purchased a CyberQ WIFI and had/have issues connecting to my routers.

My Netgear WNDR3700 and my DLink WDL-G700AP would not connect in Infrastructure mode.

My old Linksys WCG200 (w/two antennae) connects with no issue.

Please post your router info here to help narrow down the issue. Please include hardware and firmware versions.

Thanks!
irv

BTW: Beta Tester for this device.

Last edited by imott; 07-26-2012 at 12:50 AM..
imott is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #2
North Is Up
Knows what a fatty is.

We discussed this with you before in another thread and I'm not surprised that you're still having issues. I also have a Netgear WNDR3700 and couldn't get it to connect either. It's a version 1 running V1.0.16.98-dnsNA. I put it on an older Netgear WG602 access point running V1.2.5NA and it works fine and hasn't missed a beat in about 20 cooks so far.

You're not doing anything wrong. It's the 0.8 firmware on the CyberQ Wifi. You see how many others have had the same issue. Keep the Linksys in there.

I don't plan to upgrade the CyberQ Wifi firmware when an upgrade eventually comes out. I think that the SSL will just get in the way for me. I'll wait and see. Good luck.
North Is Up is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
imott
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Actually, I have gotten it to work with a different router. I am trying to compile a list of working and non-working routers for the test team at BBQGuru.

I am currently testing the new firmware for BBQGuru. The next release does not have SSL. It simply password protects access to the webpages on the CyberQ WIFI.
imott is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
North Is Up
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks for testing things for them. Can you not password protect pages? It would be cumbersome on a phone to type in passwords with my fat fingers. THANK YOU.
North Is Up is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
palmtreefrb
Full Fledged Farker

You will have the "option" to password protect or not using HTTP Username and HTTP Password.
See below from the upcoming release...

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Is Up View Post
Thanks for testing things for them. Can you not password protect pages? It would be cumbersome on a phone to type in passwords with my fat fingers. THANK YOU.
palmtreefrb is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
Planenut
Found some matches.

I'm using an AT&T 2wire DSL router with no problems. I will get you the details later.

Thanks for working on this.

Unread 03-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #7
supercazzola
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtreefrb View Post
You will have the "option" to password protect or not using HTTP Username and HTTP Password.
See below from the upcoming release...

Hey palmtreefrb,

I wouldn't worry about password protecting your cyberq if you're running a wireless net with WEP. it (WEP) has been shown to have a flaw which allows someone to crack your encryption key in a manner of minutes.

If they did that, they could put a machine on your wifi and sniff your password for the cyberq (as well as other things).

UPDATE: I just saw the "11.8" at the top of the screen shot, so I assume you just provided a screenshot from a user's guide, but my advice/warning is still valid

Last edited by supercazzola; 03-27-2013 at 11:17 PM.. Reason: Update
supercazzola is offline   Reply With Quote