Pull Pit

jketron

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a towable pit like a Jambo/Meadowcreek/Lang

I was looking for some feedback of good/bad/ugly. You wish you would have....

I use WSM now and love them, nothing wrong with them now at all. I'd like a towable setup. I love using my Stoker kit for the set it and forget it factor.

First thing to mind - the offsets require close attention to... needs feeding every 30-45 minutes (unless you decide to use a charcoal basket).
They are not a 'set it and forget it' type... its the exact opposite. The beauty of the offsets is an acknowledgement to old school fire management.

If you want to use your stoker - think along the lines of a cabinet smoker.

(Haven't had the need to add an electronic controller to any of my cookers... including the WSM).

Had a different perspective on towable rigs. Intended to have my offsets inside a trailer; strapped down with the rest of the equipment being protected against the elements. The Lang gets rolled in/out down a ramp with a battery-powered winch.

Lang 84
picture.php

picture.php

oooohhh I like that setup too.

What rig Big Pappa using now? Meadowcreek?

I wish I had room in my garage for an enclosed trailer.

That's exactly the route I went with as well. I thought about getting a towable Jambo, but I already have an enclosed 6x12 trailer with a ramp door. So I went with the Sniper from Pitmaker and winch it up into the trailer, then have all that extra room for tables, charcoal, wood, tents, etc and it's all out of the weather. Once you get there and set up, you have the empty trailer for air beds or chairs or whatever....

The wife keeps pushing a motor home. I'm not ready that much $$$$ commitment.

I always wondered how much, if any, of the road grime coming up from behind a vehicle makes its way into a pulled pit....especially in crappy weather.

Back