拉猪肉
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun weekly contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted each week. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, and the chance to choose the next week's category. Fun people only please! If you take this too seriously you will have to leave the party until you are fun again.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:42 PM   #16
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerlickin' View Post
Just so I have this straight. I entered 6 dishes into the noobian vs veteran's and got 4 zero's, but the way I understand it is if any of your dishes got a vote then none of the zero's count. Correct?

I'm not sure why I'm asking you since your new around here, but hey, if you read the rules I'll accept your answer.
I think we can look towards mathematics for the answer.

You got four zero's and two non-zeroes, so the sum of your votes was not a zero. Assuming of course that all of your dishes add up, otherwise the summing methodology may not be appropriate.

Alternatively, if one considers that multiple entries would truly be multiples, then taking each vote tally and multiplying would result in a total of zero votes. But I think we all know that we never multiply vote totals because that would give people with multiple entries a major advantage so long as none of there dishes receive zero votes. I mean, if they get 9 votes on one dish, 3 on another, and only two on a third dish, that is a total of 54 votes, putting them right into contention.

Equally, if votes were added, as suggested in the first example, that too would give multiple entries an advantage (even when we're doing sums and not multiples). So clearly even if one's dishes do seem to add up, they simply can't be. Likewise, even though they are multiple entries they clearly are not multiples either.

So, obviously, what we are lacking is perspective. We need to look at ones dishes (multiple or otherwise) as one great big hole. That's right, A HOLE! oops, I meant WHOLE!

Keep in mind that dishes only take on the properties of a hole when there are zero's, perhaps because 0 looks like A HOLE! Without a zero involved, there is no way for the set of dishes to have properties of A HOLE...I mean whole.

So, as A HOLE, you had 4 out of 6 zero's, which can be simplified to 2/3 of a zero, meaning you did not quite achieve zero, you were only partway there.

Now for you farking idiots out there who are going to try and farking claim that 2/3 of zero is illegal, I assure you it is perfectly legal ( in some states), and you only incorrectly believe that division by zero is illegal (or even bad) because you rely too much on calculators and/or computers and are not fully comprehending mathematics and the reality of the actual validity and proper healthy usage of dividing by zero. You have just been brainwashed by "the system" to believe this is bad for you and should therefore be illegal.

Even if this is confusing to you and you think division by zero should be illegal or bad or whatever, it should still be painfully apparent that you truly only achieved 2/3 of zero, thus you did not fully equal zero, and there it is, clear as farking day contrary to what you may perceive to be reality.

Just ask Gore.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 02-01-2014, 11:47 PM   #17
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

WTF did he just say?

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 02-01-2014, 11:58 PM   #18
peeps
somebody shut me the fark up.

I think my head just exploded!

- Earl - My Custom Vertical Offset Smoker by AJ's Custom Cookers (build link)
- Colt - Superior SS-2 w/ DigiQ DXII- Courtesy of Gainesville Jaycees and Superior Smokers
- Weber Kettle 22.5 OTG w/ Craycort Cast Iron Grates
- Major - Mini WSM (from SJS)

Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller! (Certificate of Authenticity) / Join the fun in the Throwdowns!
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:38 AM   #19
Diesel Dave
Babbling Farker

I'm just too confused now

I'm going back to the Woodpile where the sane people are

Michigan Custom Cue "Serving those that have served us"

][][][%er

There is NO Secret Squirrel Society
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:13 AM   #20
SmokinOkie
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
HALL OF FLAME - Gallery of all of our past winners ***WITH INDEX TO ALL THROWDOWN THREADS***
2009 BBQ Brethren Throwdown Hall of Flame
2010 BBQ Brethren Throwdown Hall of Flame
2011 BBQ Brethren Throwdown Hall of Flame
Do we have a consolidated list for 2012 & 2013?
Lastest Smokers (4) FEC100's including Twin Big Reds, FEPC1000 Pellet Grill, Cookshack 36" Charbroiler

[B][URL="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1159993040"]Smokin Okie on Facebook[/URL][/B]
A[B]uthor:[/B]
[URL="http://www.cookshack.com/Websites/cookshack/Images/2010brining101.pdf"]Brining 101 PDF[/URL] & [URL="http://www.cookshack.com/Websites/cookshack/Images/2010Turkey101.pdf"]Turkey 101 PDF[/URL]
SmokinOkie is offline   Reply With Quote