MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave
Default Smoked Pork Steaks - Little Help

I used to go to a little joint where the owner used to shut down a couple weeks each year and go apprentice in a restuarant kitchen somewhere to learn new dishes. Over the years his menu grew to be quite varied and real good eats. Anyhow, one year he came back from Lousiana with this smoked cajun bone-in pork steak he served as a sandwich (2 slices white bread). It was great and I want to try to recreate it. From a little reading & research, I think I'm seeing that a bone-in Boston butt, sliced to 3/4"-1" is the "steak". Other than that I don't have a clue. I'm gonna start experimenting but if anybody can point me in the right direction I would appreciate the help.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
flyingbassman5
is one Smokin' Farker

You got it right. Pork steaks are sliced up thick cut bone in butt. Grill em, smoke em, cook em like a butt, broil em...all great and delicious methods.

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->
Old 03-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #3
Oldbob
is One Chatty Farker

Here is a Great Thread for Pork Steaks from Patio Daddio...they are Excellent !!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=144591
Weber Gasser Genesis Silver A
Pit Barrel Cooker
Maverick ET-732
VietNam Veteran US Navy
May you Sleep in Peace always...and Please....Thank a Veteran for That Privilege!!
Oldbob is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
oig2scout
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Season with Head Country, smoke at 275 for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours mop each 1/2 hour ..... Shingle in large aluminum pan seal tight with alum foil, put back in pit for 1 -1 1/2 hours. They will be plastic fork tender. I have cooked more than 10,000 pork steaks this way and never had a complaint.
oig2scout is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
Zin
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbob View Post
Here is a Great Thread for Pork Steaks from Patio Daddio...they are Excellent !!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=144591
Looks like Patio Daddio stole this recipe from BBQ Pit Boys site.
Zin is offline   Reply With Quote