oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #31
samfsu
is one Smokin' Farker

Good idea on chex mix and nuts.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #32
NickTheGreat
is One Chatty Farker

Looks delicious!

And I'm gonna have to try that smoked Chex Mix. You just make it like normal and "cook" it on the smoker rather than the oven or microwave?

Old 06-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #33
Mark Warren
is one Smokin' Farker

Beautiful Dog you got there. The Ham process was very interesting. That takes some patients and planning to pull that off. Great Job.
Mark Warren is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #34
CYvilEng
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
And I'm gonna have to try that smoked Chex Mix. You just make it like normal and "cook" it on the smoker rather than the oven or microwave?
Mix it up like you normally would. Then I put it in an aluminum pan (no holes or I think you will lose all the good stuff). I think the oven directions are 1 hour at 250F stirring every 15 min. To get it good and smokey I do it for about 2 hrs, making sure to stir it so everything is coated evenly and to check that it doesn't burn. The hardest part is not eating it immediately. I think the smokey flavor comes out better when it's cool and even better the next day.
CYvilEng is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #35
NickTheGreat
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYvilEng View Post
Mix it up like you normally would. Then I put it in an aluminum pan (no holes or I think you will lose all the good stuff). I think the oven directions are 1 hour at 250F stirring every 15 min. To get it good and smokey I do it for about 2 hrs, making sure to stir it so everything is coated evenly and to check that it doesn't burn. The hardest part is not eating it immediately. I think the smokey flavor comes out better when it's cool and even better the next day.
Sounds great. Thanks for the idea