oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
MAKEITOUTOFWOOD
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Ace not selling Wicked Good Anymore?

I just came from my local ace hardware. Where I was told that ace would not be carrying wicked good lump any longer. The store owner told me that ace is a kamado Joe dealer and that is what they are going to sell when the wicked good is all sold..

He also told me that the kamado joe brand lump is bagged by wicked good. Is there any truth to this. He told me it would be the same price.

Anyone else hear anything.
MAKEITOUTOFWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
HeSmellsLikeSmoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

They still show it on acehardware.com with free shipping to store.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
evilive69
Found some matches.

I ordered a bag tonight so it looks as though they still stock it.
evilive69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
Melrod59
Knows what a fatty is.

I just checked the DoItBest website, and I see 20 lbs of Cowboy Natural Lump. I can't find Wicked Good Charcoal...
Melrod59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
Neonnblack
Full Fledged Farker

Weird they say its a KJ dealer, last time i went, all they had were GE's. I didnt know to look at lump back then, since i wasnt in the BBQ scene. I may go back and check it out.
Neonnblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
shucker
Got Wood.

I may be wrong, but I think ACE Hardwares are locally owned. If thats the case, then some should be able to carry one product while others carry another. WGWW is definitely still on their website and my local ace has never carried that or any ceramic cookers.
shucker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #7
Dallas Dan
is one Smokin' Farker

Same here. I've read Kamado Joe lump is produced by Wicked Good and is very good! My local Ace carries it as well but I can still order WG @ Acehardware.com and have it delivered free to the store. I plan to try KJ once I'm out of WG.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #8
Melrod59
Knows what a fatty is.

I'm sorry. I was mistaken. I was looking at DoItBest, not Ace Hardware. My bad. Wicked Good is still on the Ace Hardware website.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
MAKEITOUTOFWOOD
Knows what a fatty is.

I was told that they would sell it untill there distributors stock was gone. He said they still had 600 bags.
MAKEITOUTOFWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #10
deepsouth

ours has never sold it. they used to sell cowboy and now they sell something else.

i'm having huge problems finding decent lump around here. the RO from walmart doesn't have any pieces bigger than a tennis ball and most about the size of a golf ball or smaller.

“In politics and in life, ignorance is not a virtue,. “It’s not cool to not know what you’re talking about. That’s not keeping it real or telling it like it is. That’s not challenging political correctness. That’s just not knowing what you’re talking about.”
deepsouth is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #11
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKEITOUTOFWOOD View Post
I just came from my local ace hardware. Where I was told that ace would not be carrying wicked good lump any longer. The store owner told me that ace is a kamado Joe dealer and that is what they are going to sell when the wicked good is all sold..

He also told me that the kamado joe brand lump is bagged by wicked good. Is there any truth to this. He told me it would be the same price.

Anyone else hear anything.
KJ has a North American blend and South American blend. I would guess the SA blend is like WGWW.

I personally really like their NA blend better than WGWW. The printing on the bag is a little different between the two, and the bag material is different. The SA blend is pretty much the same bag material as WGWW.
Yoder Smokers YS1500, Kamado Joe BigJoe & Joe Jr., Weber: 18.5" OT(L), SJG(AU) & (DI) - Past Cookers: Yoder Smokers YS640 Comp Cart, Kamado Joe Classic, OKJoe's Longhorn, UDS, Weber: Performer(AA), Genesis Gold C(DH), 22.5" OTG(DI), 22.5" OT(L)

IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller
nucornhusker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 03:15 AM   #12
DubfromGA
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrod59 View Post
I'm sorry. I was mistaken. I was looking at DoItBest, not Ace Hardware. My bad. Wicked Good is still on the Ace Hardware website.
Whew......scared me, bro.

I'm a big fan of WG.

Finished off a bag and started another last week.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #13
Melrod59
Knows what a fatty is.

Is Wicked Good Weekend Warrior really that good? Can I use it in my 22.5 inch WSM???

Old 02-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #14
HeSmellsLikeSmoke

Quote:
Is Wicked Good Weekend Warrior really that good? Can I use it in my 22.5 inch WSM???
Yes and yes.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #15
aawa
Babbling Farker

Quote:
I have used Kingsford blue bag, Royal Oak, and Wicked Good Weekend Warrior.

Wicked Good Weekend Warrior produces much less ash, can burner hotter, and burns longer than any of the charcoals I have used for grilling and smoking. What would normally take me 4 chimney's of Royal Oak to cook, I have used 1.5 chimneys of Wicked Good Weekend Warrior. You will pay more in the front end for Weekend Warrior but in the backend you will spend about the same as amount of money for it than Royal Oak, with longer cook times and more cooks with it.
Weber Mini WSM
Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
Sublime Smoke UDS
Lazy man Pitmaster IQ110 w/ rainbox

Superest Fasterest Blue Thermapen

Want to meet some others with the obsession of BBQ? Clicky for the planning of the Virginia/Mid-Atlantic Brethren Bash
aawa is online now   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->