The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 06-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
Kave Dweller
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Question Sams Club

Anyone know how it works if you were on the waiting list for one and registered for another? My number came up for madison, even though I'm registered at Traverse city, but I haven't heard from anyone yet?

Creators of "Reverse Shigging": When your competition wants to know what your doing so they know what doesn't work.
Kave Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
sweetracks
Full Fledged Farker

you could probably just call into KCBS. I think you should go to Traverse City and ruffle up some of them Michigan feathers....especially since we won't be there. Good luck wherever you land.

Unread 06-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
Ron_L

Downloads: 1

From what I can tell in the rules, when you registered for Traverse City you should have been removed from the waiting list for Madison.

Quote:
New For 2013: While a team is on a wait list for its preferred contest, that team will now be able to register for a second contest (which may have open team positions at the time) WITHOUT jeopardizing the team's original wait list position during the process. However, if the team is successful in registering for the second contest, that team's wait list position on the first contest will be forfeited and opened up to another team.
At least that's how I interpret the bold part.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
Hawg Father of Seoul
is One Chatty Farker

That went out the window after the initial registration.
Hawg Father of Seoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
Kave Dweller
Full Fledged Farker

When I signed up even the waiting was full at madison, they told me I could register for traverse and if a waiting spot came available in madison I could sign up for it, so I don't know, just odd they haven't said anything and it appears to be a spot open. Who knows, the fact it says it will be completely automated this year, means its a computer sending emails.

Would you just call the KCBS?

Yeah we don't ruffle feathers, we are the reverse shiggers, people watch us to find out what not to do!

Creators of "Reverse Shigging": When your competition wants to know what your doing so they know what doesn't work.

Unread 06-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
Balls Casten
is one Smokin' Farker

Call kcbs ...

Unread 06-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Kave Dweller
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Casten View Post
Call kcbs ...

That worked.... See ya all in Madison!!!!!!!!!!