The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 02-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #16
buccaneer
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbaughn View Post
I gotcha man, guess that is where all that extra fat comes in at is in the grain finishing instead of full time grass. And no doubt, Mr. Ross knows how to do it!
I was reading , quite some time ago so dunno if it has changed, that the lamb producers in the USA decided to do this because it reduces the lambiness/ game smell and taste.
I think that was daft, Aussie and NZ lamb sells at high prices and is winning mamy fans.
Our counties don't grain feed because we feel cheated of the intense flavour we love.
Marketing execs are dopes, often as not.

Thanks from:--->
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #17
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

That there is some Great Looking Grub.

Lamb is one thing I have not tried to cook yet.
Need to "get off my duff" now

These kinda cooks are what make you a BBQ God!!

Thanks for the inspiration.

TIM
Now cooking with a Yoder YS640
Proud Pellet guy cooking on real wood.
The_Kapn is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #18
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

That looks amazing
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #19
rcbaughn
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneer View Post
I was reading , quite some time ago so dunno if it has changed, that the lamb producers in the USA decided to do this because it reduces the lambiness/ game smell and taste.
I think that was daft, Aussie and NZ lamb sells at high prices and is winning mamy fans.
Our counties don't grain feed because we feel cheated of the intense flavour we love.
Marketing execs are dopes, often as not.
Nail. On. The. Head. That is exactly what happened here in America and yes, it was the stupidest thing they could've done. They did the exact opposite with American pork and have cut out almost all the fat so it's the new lean "chicken" alternative in most products. Some of the heritage breeds with more fat are making a come back though, thank God and people have learned to love fat again. Beef has been watered down to be more mild too.

Most Americans aren't fond of full flavor meats. Well, except us boys here on the forum I guess and a select few others.

Thanks from:--->