Got a WSM. First smoke today! Pics!

Tone Ranger

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I got a WSM in yesterday. I ran a dry run last night to see how it works. Did pretty good at keeping temps considering it was in the 30s.

I found some STL ribs on sale at Sams for about $2.39 a pound. Got three of them. I ran only one today as a test run. I used Butcher BBQ Honey Rub and Sweet Bbq sauce.

Here are some pics

Attachments

• ribpron1.jpg
    ribpron1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 254
  • ribpron2.jpg
    ribpron2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 253
I have used a Weber Kettle with a Smokenator since last summer and although i have had great results with it, the WSM just kills it. Much easier to use but uses a lot more charcoal. My parents saw my pics and want me to make the other two racks next weekend.

It took 4 hours to cook the ribs. I normally use the 3-2-1 method but i used the 3-0.5-1 method from Amazing ribs.com. It worked very well. Smoked for the first two hours, no smoke for 1, foiled for 30 min and finished up with sauce for the last half hour.

My wife and her mother said they were the best ive made so far...

I have used a Weber Kettle with a Smokenator since last summer and although i have had great results with it, the WSM just kills it. Much easier to use but uses a lot more charcoal. My parents saw my pics and want me to make the other two racks next weekend.

It took 4 hours to cook the ribs. I normally use the 3-2-1 method but i used the 3-0.5-1 method from Amazing ribs.com. It worked very well. Smoked for the first two hours, no smoke for 1, foiled for 30 min and finished up with sauce for the last half hour.

That's fantastic, it's all about family and good food.

Much easier to use but uses a lot more charcoal. My parents saw my pics and want me to make the other two racks next weekend.

You can put a lot more than two racks of ribs on a full size WSM. That's why there is room for all of that charcoal. I'd suggest a couple butts on the bottom rack since they will take longer and the two racks of ribs on top. Make that smoker rock!

Welcome to the world of WSM and BBQ Brethren.

Howdy neighbor to the north! How's the Twain family up that aways! :thumb:

Good lookin grub there my friend! Welcome to the nut hou...er.., forum!

congrats on the new WSM. I dont have one but if i was in the market for a new smoker i'd get one for sure. There is practically a cult following of the WSM on here, and there should be!!!:razz:

Back