The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 02-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
Jay871
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Firebox placement question

I have an old food warmer that I aquired that I am making into a smoker. It measures approximately 5' wide by 2' deep by 6' tall. My question is would it be better to attach the firebox to the back of it or to one of the sides and put the exhuast stack on the opposite side. Any input would be appreciated.
Jay871 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
KotaChuk678
On the road to being a farker

I would assume what you said, side with stack opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay871 View Post
I have an old food warmer that I aquired that I am making into a smoker. It measures approximately 5' wide by 2' deep by 6' tall. My question is would it be better to attach the firebox to the back of it or to one of the sides and put the exhuast stack on the opposite side. Any input would be appreciated.

Unread 02-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
brother steve
Got Wood.

I have one of those to and I am having the same issues. Mine has 3 doors and tons of rack space. I was thinking of putting electric in the center and just letting the smoke find its own way out through the doors. I don't want to stick fire it as I want to fire before work and finish when I get home. Any ideas are appreciated.
brother steve is offline   Reply With Quote