• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ordered an Assassin Smoker

treytexag

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
After speaking with and exchanging emails with Jeff Conley and Robin at C&C, I pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered an Assassin Smoker, the 24 inch model.

I'm looking forward to the new smoker. In the past I've cooked on bullet water smokers, NB Bandera, and now use an almost ten year old OK Joe stickburner and a 40 inch MES. I also have a P3 Broilmaster gasser that we use alot for steaks, burgers, and pork chops.

Jeff told me I would have a learning curve since I'm moving to a gravity feed from a stick burner. Of course I'm excited at the prospect of perhaps getting some sleep on all night brisket and pork butt smokes. Jeff said that smoking in an Assassin would take less time at the same temps as I'm used to on a stick burner.

Anyway, Jeff said it would take two weeks for him to build me an Assassin, and 3 or 4 days to get it to Houston from Macon. He said he'd share some tips with me about what he's learned smoking on these gravity fed cabinet smokers - that'll be good to get some help getting started.

I'll post the uncrating here upon it's arrival, and some pics of the inaugural smoke.

Thanks,
Treytexag

Good luck with the new smoker when you get it. Of course you know that time slows down when your waiting for something like that.

Bought my new to me assassin from ButchB on this site bout a month ago, very smooth transaction!

The craftsmanship on mine is top notch.The paint is automotive grade. Built like a tank. You will enjoy!

photobucket-53829-1359816713366.jpg

Bought my new to me assassin from ButchB on this site bout a month ago, very smooth transaction!

The craftsmanship on mine is top notch.The paint is automotive grade. Built like a tank. You will enjoy!

photobucket-53829-1359816713366.jpg

AWSCWI, have you cooked on your new to you Assassin yet? I'm looking forward to cooking on mine, I'm sure, weather allowing, I'll have a brisket on it on day one upon receipt.

Looks like yours is black, I think the one I have coming from Jeff is gray. I'm not particular on my colors, but I am hoping to be happy with the craftsmanship.

I'll post pics for sure.

Treytexag

i was looking at that smoker on CL before i ordered the BWS G2 Party. turned out that i met Butch at a CBJ class today.. small world.

Congrats on the new smoker!

Jeff does build a good smoker and he will go out of his way to help you.:thumb:

AWSCWI, have you cooked on your new to you Assassin yet? I'm looking forward to cooking on mine, I'm sure, weather allowing, I'll have a brisket on it on day one upon receipt.

Looks like yours is black, I think the one I have coming from Jeff is gray. I'm not particular on my colors, but I am hoping to be happy with the craftsmanship.

I'll post pics for sure.

Treytexag

Weather smeather. The elements don't mean a thing to an assassin..... Your guru might need a cover, however!

Weather smeather. The elements don't mean a thing to an assassin..... Your guru might need a cover, however!

Been thinkin' and looking at awscwi's pictures, and you're absolutely right!! If it's raining, I'll roll her into the garage and run me a vent duct from the smoke stack to the outside. So I guess there'll be no excuses!! :-D

I'll post pics for sure.

Treytexag

I have used it 3 out of four weekends so far. I holds temps very well. The smoke stack has served me well, although i would like a more permeant way to smoke inside. Hood Maybe?
I'm looking forward to sharing info on cooking styles with you guys...

photobucket-46277-1359816754911.jpg

photobucket-57901-1359816727700.jpg

photobucket-58144-1359816742115.jpg

This is what I use for rain / wind, works pretty good.

SS1-SS2001.jpg

Well dad gum that was quick. Robin emailed today and said they'd be shipping out my new Assassin Smoker on the 28th, with an expected 2 day trip on R&L trucking!!

I'm excited. Have to do some briskets very soon.

Got the BOL from Robin today, and a pic of the Assassin on the truck. Lookin' forward to receiving the smoker.

AssassinonRandL.jpg

Back