MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #16
frognot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Charles

Don't have any suggestions that haven't been mentioned above (have been to the Big 3 in Lockhart & Salt Lick in Driftwood and can recommend all of them. Salt Lick is BYOB so take a cooler.

Speaking of beer, if you're into craft beer Austin has a lot of cool breweries. A good place to try some (or get some to go) is the Whip-In. (i'm at work & their website is blocked to me)

Another stop your wife might like is the flagship location of Whole Foods (at Sixth Street & Lamar) http://wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/lamar/

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #17
Richard_
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frognot View Post
Salt Lick is BYOB so take a cooler.
I 2nd that , beer from there is expensive and its a busy place , so you will have time to kill , Coopers in New Braunfels is good , The Grist Mill in Gruene is awesome , and Clear Springs Restaurant has great fried catfish , there is more than smoked meat in Texas
Richard_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #18
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Hah, in Austin today had Franklins BBQ this morning. Now the craft beer situation. Well as i'm typing this, sitting here drinking a Ballast Point Victory at Sea at http://hopfieldsaustin.com they have one of the best craft brew selections around. Further south downtown around 6th street you will find many gastropubs with good selections in tap.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #19
gruene smoke
Got Wood.

Gristmill is OVER RATED! Atmosphere is great and that appeals to the tourists but the food is meh. If you want great food in Gruene go down the street to Gruene River Grill (owned by the same people as Clear Springs) Best CFS in New Braunfels!
gruene smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #20
Mammoth Mountain
On the road to being a farker

Location: Orting Wa up on the hillside of a Volcano Mt. Rainier

I just got back today . Loved it.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #21
gruene smoke
Got Wood.

Give us a review!
gruene smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #22
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammoth Mountain View Post
I just got back today . Loved it.
That's it?

DUDE! Pron! Details! Hook the Brethren up!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->