The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 02-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
BBQdisciple
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Lost my Fatty virginity

I made two fatties tonight. I never heard of a fatty until I joined this forum. This forum has become a daily spot for me and has helped me to make a new cooking purchase as well as inspire me in my bbq ideas

I think the first fatty I ever seen was from a bbq brethren named cowgirl and I was immediately intrigued. I knew I had to try the straight up "Fatty" but I also wanted to get creative so i also made a Stromboli fatty. Jimmy Dean sage layered with chopped onions, sandwich pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and marinara sauce. rolled, then encrusted with Parmesan and oregano mix

The "straight up" I just rubbed with my go to "mr brown" style pork rub

I smoked with pecan wood in the Akorn for 1 and a half hours at 275.

I am hooked on a fatty now, and honestly, I liked the simple "straight up" one better.

it is perfect cook choice. it is a chance to play with the cooker without an expensive cut of meat or hours of prep time and a dedicated afternoon of cooking. Plus it is delicious.

Bottom line is: I have a feeling I will be eating a lot of fatties on sundays from now on

Thanks for introducing me and if I dare say, enlightening me on the wonderful possibilities of a breakfast sausage roll and a smoker.

anyway, I wish I had Pron for you, but I never think about taking pictures until it is too late
BBQdisciple is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

Pics and breakfast fatties are awesome!

Unread 02-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
BobM
Babbling Farker

The fattys sound great, I love fattys!
| Maverick ET-732 |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #4
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

I just made my first fatties a couple days ago. I made them naked and smoked them with apple wood since I was doing them with some hard boiled eggs and wanted apple wood smoke for those.

Long story short, I never saw our 1 1/2 year old grandson eat anything like he went for pieces of these fatties.

I'll be making them again for sure.

Unread 02-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
Gig'em99
On the road to being a farker

Did my first fatties this weekend too! It was a lot of fun! I doctored mine up, but I'll probably do some plain ones in a week or two for breakfast.

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Arial Black"]Baby Arm BBQ[/FONT][/COLOR]
Gig'em99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 4

I lost my virginity to a fatty also, but that was many years ago

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
Ron_L

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQdisciple View Post
The "straight up" I just rubbed with my go to "mr brown" style pork rub

I smoked with pecan wood in the Akorn for 1 and a half hours at 275.

I am hooked on a fatty now, and honestly, I liked the simple "straight up" one better.

it is perfect cook choice. it is a chance to play with the cooker without an expensive cut of meat or hours of prep time and a dedicated afternoon of cooking. Plus it is delicious.
Naked Fatties Rule!

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #8
1911Ron
is One Chatty Farker

I have done both naked and stuffed and i like both ways, naked for adding to other dishes(biscuits and gravy) and stuffed for a meal itself!