Easy burgers tonight

DubfromGA

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Son wanted burgers tonight.

Diced all this up fine & mixed in the Bam Burger in the recommended amount. Red onion was sliced for a topping.

20130129_180607.jpg

Next time, though, I'm leaving the mix out....just the peppers and onions.

20130129_182854.jpg

20130129_185049.jpg

A little cheese and they were fairly decent.

20130129_192108.jpg

Boss lady liked 'em, too.:becky:

Mmmm...those look great Dub! :thumb:

Burgers are my nemesis! :sad: No problem cookin a few for dinner at home but cookin em for a hundred is a bummer.Gotta get em DONE for the Squeeemish and health reasons but try to keep em juicy and TASTEE.:confused:Well Done and juicy do not go together,Especially when they want them ALL served at a particular time. I think I'm gonna smoke em all at one time on my offset next time instead of grilling em.Yours look good.

It's okay, but it tends to dry them out some.

They looked good!

Mix in some dry oatmeal. I tell my wife that it LOWERS the cholesterol in the burger :loco: (at least that's what the Cheerios folks would have you believe) in reality, it keeps them moist inside.

I usually put in about 1/2 to 3/4 cup (as a guess) to 1-1/2 lb of hamburger? I really just throw a bunch of stuff in a bowl until it "looks" right. My wife insists on buying the 90% lean beef (70% beef is really better for grilling), so 90% burgers that aren't "fixed" stick to the grate and are dry. I've solved this problem by blending in the oatmeal and a significant dollop of bacon grease. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

One of the local eateries around Clear Lake call that type of burger a squealer. They grind bacon into the hamburger. Just using the drippings is the lazy way to do it.

man,looks good. like the jalapeno idea. I already do onions and mushrooms into the meat, but will try jalapeno next time:)

Sent from Galaxy tab

Looks great! I think home made burgers are so much better than any burger you can buy. I have my butcher grind up some chuck (when on sale, no extra charge for grinding), season it with The Rub Company's Santa Maria Rub and cook that on the Weber over coals till done. Dang but we love that!

Nice burgers! I never thought of mixing the ingredients into the meat. I make colossal burgers all the time but everything is sautéed and put between 2 patties crimped on the end, cooked @275 till 150 internal and that's only Becaise the mrs makes me take them that high. I have never gotten sick from a fresh ground medium burger, but think again if I'm Cookin for her also. Nice eats bud! Thanks for the pron!

Back