MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Default Found a big rib rack!

I found this while browsing around Academy - the old lady made me clean out some of my junk from the garage and I got ~$300 from returning stuff that I didn't need anymore. The only logical thing to do was spend it on bbq gear.

Its the Outdoor Gourmet DLX Rib Rack. Measures 14" wide x 9.75" deep x 6.75" high. I had to cut off the front handle because the LBGE thermo was hitting it. I also placed a piece of wine bottle cork between the thermo and dome to give some more room inside the dome.

It is the longest/widest/highest rack I have seen, and should easily fit 4 untrimmed racks of spares. $20 at Academy. I've been looking for something like this for some time.

[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

That's a rib rack...
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
Southstar Jeff
Full Fledged Farker

That is a biggun'. Thanks!
Smokey Joe Silver
RecTec
Southstar Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Finally a non-wimpy rib rack, I will be ordering that! Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #5
BobM
Babbling Farker

That is a rib rack alright.

I like your cool duck friend.
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #6
barney jr
Full Fledged Farker

very nice looks like it for flintstone ribs

Old 01-13-2013, 02:12 AM   #7
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Saw em the other day they are really nice and built well
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #8
GMDGeek
is one Smokin' Farker

Never used a rib rack - question if you use one do you need to flip your ribs or just cook em like they were laying on the grate?

Old 01-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #9
Texas Turtle
Take a breath!

I bought one of those a ouple of months ago. Pretty good.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #10
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Its about 2 or so inches longer than the other rib racks at HD around here. Plus it is much taller, so hopefully the racks wont flop around as much.

I have always cooked my racks flat. If I need more space, I just lay another cooking grate on top. The handles of the lower grate act as spacers. If your cooker has hot spots (my LBGE is hotter at the back, near the hinge) then you may have to rotate. I have been looking for a big rib rack for a while, so I'll report back once I use this one. Sounds like some others have used it and like it.
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote