The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 12-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #31
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafish View Post
Boshizzle,

Are you going to write a book on VA BBQ?

I'd love to! But, I'm still short on some information that's been very difficult to dig up. I know it's out there because I have secondary references to it. I'ts just a matter of hard work to dig it. If I ever do, I will write a book.

The problem is the modern ideas of great BBQ areas. Virginia BBQ has taken a big hit in the last few decades with some of the great old time places closing up for one reason or another.

I think the real take away from the story of Virginia BBQ is the roots of BBQ history and how so much that we think came from places like NC, Memphis, Texas, etc. were actually first done in Virginia the "Mother of States."

One of my main goals is to answer Robert F. Moss's question from Barbecue: An American Institution where he asks "Whatever happened to Virginia barbecue?" I have some answers but not all of them. Just a little more work to do.
[COLOR=royalblue]18.5" & 22.5" Weber Kettles - Smokey Joe and Mini-WSM - [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Bubba Keg - [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]#2 La Caja China[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Chargriller Outlaw[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Impeccably Accurate BLACK & RED Thermapens[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]KCBS CBJ[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue]Operation BBQ Relief Founding Member[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]I am Obsessive Compulsive about BBQ. Google it.[/COLOR]
Boshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #32
centexsmoker
Full Fledged Farker

love it B-SHizz. Keep it coming
centexsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 12-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #33
Homebrewed Q
Take a breath!

Born and raised in SE Texas, but I love all styles of BBQ. Also, with my Mom's side of the family being from Louisiana I was brought up on "Cochon de Lait" style pig roasts, which we also carried over with us to Texas and for many years was our New Years Day tradition no matter what the weather, introduced a lot of native Texans to that style of roasting a pig, splayed out between two grills, hung from an A frame in front of a open wood fire.......good stuff. In the last 10 years or so I've relied more heavily on pork for smoking and grilling, smoking pork butts for pulled pork, smoking St. Louis style ribs, and grilling chops. So no matter where styles originate and are perfected, there is always room to move them around the Country and World for all to enjoy.

Thanks from: --->