The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 12-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #16
Untraceable
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Imagine the pan being in place and the guru shooting air directly at the side of it, its not quite optimal. Im blown away that backwoods is sending g2 owners new fireboxes unsolicited. I didnt even know it was a problem lol.

Untraceable is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #17
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 3

The G2 Party seems t o be ok but they are looking at it to. The chubby does have some air flow issues most noticeable when it's loaded up. The issue isn't so much between the fire grate and heat diverted but the lack of good air flow laterally and from below. They will make right have now doubt.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD
smokinit is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2012, 04:11 AM   #18
Fireburd
Knows what a fatty is.

Backwoods has seemed to be pretty quiet about this whole project from the beginning. The whole powder coating thing wasn't a secret by any means but they weren't actively putting it out to the consumer so them not vocalizing a fire box issue doesn't surprise me. I hope you are right about the G2 Party not having an airflow issue because I don't think mine will have the new fire box design and I would hate to know I spent all that money for something that is defective.

Unread 12-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #19
Untraceable
is One Chatty Farker

Take a deep breath. How many G2's are out there right now? 30-40 tops. not like a bad Iphone maping system. My G2 will be loaded up with ribs in a matter of hours and I expect no problems like the previous cooks.

All of the manufacturers have poor web updating. have you seen the spicewine site? too much one off customs and just very small businesses to have thorough web updates. As E-window shoppers its frustrating
Untraceable is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #20
Fireburd
Knows what a fatty is.

I think you didn't understand what I was trying to say. My assumption is the lack of talk about the G2 line is how new it is and they are still fine tuning it. You can call backwoods at anytime and they tell you everything that is going on which is how I found out about powder coating before my dealer did. I guess my concern is putting out this new line prematurely without proper testing which probably would have discovered the air flow issue. Backwoods has a facebook page and a dedicated forum and they haven't put anything out about the changes that are confirmed. No need to take a breath I would expect any consumer would want the best product available so I think the 30 G2 owners might have an.issue to know that they paid the same price as someone who buys one that has the bugs worked out. Still excited and say a prayer everynight that I get a deliver notification the next day.

Unread 12-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #21
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 3

There are not many units out there with alot of cook time on them so its a fairly new issue. With enough feedback now from customers and dealers the change was made. I spent alot of time on the phone while cooking with it to expedite the change. I am not totaly sure about the Party have your dealer get an update for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
smokinit is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #22
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireburd View Post
I think you didn't understand what I was trying to say. My assumption is the lack of talk about the G2 line is how new it is and they are still fine tuning it. You can call backwoods at anytime and they tell you everything that is going on which is how I found out about powder coating before my dealer did. I guess my concern is putting out this new line prematurely without proper testing which probably would have discovered the air flow issue. Backwoods has a facebook page and a dedicated forum and they haven't put anything out about the changes that are confirmed. No need to take a breath I would expect any consumer would want the best product available so I think the 30 G2 owners might have an.issue to know that they paid the same price as someone who buys one that has the bugs worked out. Still excited and say a prayer everynight that I get a deliver notification the next day.
Not trying to hijack a G2 thread, but this is how I kind of feel about the Gater. Another hybrid BWS not featured on the website or much info in the forum. I'm thankful Kevin was able to fill me in its attributes before I made my decision, and the few Brethren owners that I pestered that gladly answered my questions, but I really could not find any info out there. Then when I got mine it seemed a lot of folks were selling used Gaters. I came across a few old posts with pics of Gaters with vents placed differently than the new models and when I inquired about them I never got any responses, so I kinda chalked it up to design mods.
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote