The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 12-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #16
stephan
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

We always tend to be more critical of our undertakings then those who eat it. But you cant knock success if only for the people who enjoyed it.
stephan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #17
Ole Man Dan
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupemaster View Post
Lazy because I fell asleep at 2am and didn't wake up because I either didn't set or slept through my super techno junk alarm clock, lazy because I have a thermometer on my pit, or lazy because I checked my brisket at 5am with a thermometer?
Anywho, back to the brisket ! I pulled it off at 8:45 this morning so I could get to work on time. I wasnt happy with how it felt. The point probed tender, but the flat was still a little on the tough side. It was close, maybe only needed another 30 min or so, but I didn't have time.
I wrapped in another layer of foil and then a towel, put it in the cooler and went off to work.
It sat in the cooler for about 2 1/2 hours before lunch time.
The outcome was a good, but not excelent brisket. It was soft and juicy, but the flat was a touch tough. Point was jiggly, but the flat just seemed a little tight.
It was gone in less than a half hour amid a honey baked ham and a smoked turkey form a local bbq jount whitch were hardlt touched by the end of the day.
I was a little upset due to being called away ( whodda thunk you might have to work at work? ) for a bit right after plating my lunch. I only got two slices. It was gone by the time I got back at it.
Every one said it was amazing, but I just wish I could have given them a truly amazing brisket.
The fact that everyone loved it and ate all of it says you did a pretty good job.
Face it, The only opinion that matters is yours... Did you like it?
We all think of things we want to try later, things we will do differently.
I make notes of what I want to try the next time.
Ole Man Dan is offline   Reply With Quote