The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 12-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
Mr. D
Found some matches.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Smoking with Santa

Well its 12am here in Arkansas. I just threw the brisket on and will have to get up and throw on 4 slabs of beef ribs and 4 slabs of spare's around 5 ish in the morning. This will be my first attemp at beef ribs. Used the same rub I use on my brisket, so hopefully they will turn out ok. The mother in law will not eat pork ribs.

This is my new smoker that I have been working on for the last few months. I still need to skin the outside but it sure cooks good just like it stands now.

Merry Christmas to all! Hopefully Santa will not snag my food on his way threw

Unread 12-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
tom72
Knows what a fatty is.

Good luck on your cook. Sweet-looking smoker! Well done!

Always remember that [COLOR=red][I]you[/I][/COLOR] are [COLOR=red]unique[/COLOR] and [COLOR=red]special[/COLOR], just like [COLOR=red][I]everybody else[/I][/COLOR]. :mrgreen:
tom72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
Porcine Perfection
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 1

Same to you Mr. D. Hope the beef ribs turn out good. I will be doing some soon as my wife loves my brisket and wants to have beef ribs.

Jim - KCBS CBJ

Porcine Perfection BBQ Team - Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

18.5" WSM (1983 model) | 18.5" WSM (2010 model) | Packer Green Thermapen | Auber PID Temp Controller | QMaster Senior Temp Controller | Mini WSM | Green Bay Packer UDS
Porcine Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-25-2012, 12:22 AM   #4
Mr. D
Found some matches.

thanks Tom72

We test fired it about three weeks ago with a brisket for its first smoke. I think it turned out pretty darn good.

JP7794, I hope the beef ribs turn out good. I have never cooked nor eaten any. This is virgin territory for me.