The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Humphrey Competition Smokers And Accessories

Notices

Humphrey Competition Smokers And Accessories Welcome to your premiere Brethren dealer for Humphrey Smokers and accessories. Humphrey Smokers are made of the finest quality materials and good old Maine Craftsmanship. We offer a diverse line of units or can custom make on to your specifications. Commercial,residential ,backyarder or competitor we can do it all. Start your next BBQ experience here. Call or PM me for complete details,pricing and ordering. Kevin Rundell 518 488 1015

Unread 12-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default 6 Butts on the G2 Chubby

Had a bunch of requests for some PP so it's time to see how thus thing cooks with a load. I have 6 8 to 10 lbers decided to try come Pure Pork Powder on two of them and had some leftover Perk up your Pork for the rub. Got the pit up to 245 and git them in. Due to the rack spacing the top rack just barley fists the smallest of them. They barley clear the top 6lbers would work better up there. The larger ones fit easily on the next shelf 3 per shelf I'd no problem. I would bet I am going to need to bring the top ones down and put a rack on top of the water pan to finish them off. So first impressions 6 butts no problem just be aware of spacing and sizes on the top rack. Also it's struggling a bit to get back up to temp it may better to get it up to 275ish and then add the meat we will see exactly how long it takes to come back up. Stay tuned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20121225_092734.jpg (54.3 KB, 168 views)
smokinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Ok it is definitely struggling to get over 225 the initial start up burned enough coal to hinder its recovery added some more coallooking better . I think with a full load a Guru would greatly help.
Unread 12-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Looks like part of the problem was me I put an entire Mojo Cherry brick in the middle of the fire pan and it ended up cutting the fire off to the back of the fire pan. Going better now with this load almost 60lbs it needs a good coal base but back on track now.
Unread 12-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Well butts had to go into the oven to finish while I am off to the hospital going to be grandpa . Dam did I just say grandpa holly Farkin crap.
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
Untraceable
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0

interesting cook to say the least?
Untraceable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker