The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #16
dano
is one Smokin' Farker

325-350....140-145....rest in foil for up to an hour. Saw a video of Kelly Wertz from 4 legs up bbq do it that way...turns out perfect.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #17
SmokeFan
Full Fledged Farker

As far bang for the buck goes, pork tenderloin is hard to beat. It's one of my favorite cooks.

I tend to get the XL BGE up and running at about 275, with the fire pretty much built on one side. Rub the tenderloins with whatever I'm into that day, and set on the indirect side until it hits about 115-120. Remove and let it have a little rest while I get the fire really hot.

I then put the tenderloins back directly over the fire flipping every minute or so to get a good char. At about 140-145 I take it off for a rest, then carve. Perfect. Sometimes I use a glaze(I've pepper jelly, peach jelly, apricot preserves, bbq sauce etc), which I apply the last minute or two of the direct part of the cook.

I've done the APL thing mentioned above, and it was really good. Lately I've been experimenting with an espresso rub, which I really like. It also gives an awesome color to the meat.

The great thing about pork tenderloin is that really is a blank canvas. You can create any flavor profile you want that night, and it always turns out good. Just don't over cook it.
SmokeFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #18
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

This turns out incredible. Have been using this recipe for 20 years

Pork Tenderloin Recipe

Marinade:
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup sesame oil
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 cloves garlic – minced
2 teaspoons sugar