Mac and Cheese

Michael Cowley

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Anyone have a simple recipe for Mac and Cheese that consists of noodles, butter, milk, and velveeta?

It sounds like thats a recipe right there and pretty much it is but I need proper quantities for like 170 people and I do not want to use flour or make a roux because it makes it way to thick and I just dont like it.

Here's a simple one that you could scale:

2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
3/4 lb. (12 oz.) VELVEETA®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/3 cup milk
1/8 tsp. pepper
Make It
COOK macaroni in large saucepan as directed on package; drain well. Return to pan.
STIR in remaining ingredients; cook on low heat until VELVEETA is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.

I've made it and topped with crushed gold fish crackers mixed with a little extra shredded cheese and cooked in the oven/smoker until bubbly.

Fireman_pete has recipe that I used at a summer party this year that got good reviews. It's where I stole the idea of the crushed gold fish crackers from.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1978418&postcount=5

There is also the google search of this site at the bottom of the page, lots more results there.

The recipie that is on the Velveta box is a great place to start. You can alter the flavors from there.
I would suggest Onions, Jalepenos, Bacon. Hot sauce

When cooking for lots of people I will make mac n cheese with those # 10 cans of cheese sauce from sams. Just make sure to use the cheese sauce not the Nacho cheese sauce. They are $ 5-6 So its really cheap. I thin it down a little and doctor the recipie from there.

Thanks guys I dont care about really altering anything this is for a buncha Marines and their fam's and mainly for the Vegetarians. Go figure. Those cheese sauce cans at sams any good?

hahaha I guess? I am thinking they were meaning the family members however I do know a few that do not eat Pork and thats why I have to fix beef

This one doesn't use velveta, and I don't know that I would use it for a large group because it calls for actual cheese... but it is dead easy...

No Boil Mac & Cheese...

Basic recipe:
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 stick butter
12 ounces yellow cheddar cheese
4 Ozs. mozzarella cheese
5 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
Pre heat oven 350,
Layer macaroni, butter, and cheese in the order given in a 9-by-13 dish. Pour milk over the top layer. Bake 1 hr. do not cover.
To prevent this dish from becoming too brown and crusty, cover with foil for the last 15 min. of baking.

I like topping with crumbled Goldfish and adding some Hatch chili to my Mac and Cheese if you want some with a little heat.

Thanks guys I dont care about really altering anything this is for a buncha Marines and their fam's and mainly for the Vegetarians. Go figure. Those cheese sauce cans at sams any good?

It's awesome you are cooking for those guys!

I'm guessing the vegetarians are mainly their wives :lol:

This one doesn't use velveta, and I don't know that I would use it for a large group because it calls for actual cheese... but it is dead easy...

No Boil Mac & Cheese...

Basic recipe:
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 stick butter
12 ounces yellow cheddar cheese
4 Ozs. mozzarella cheese
5 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
Pre heat oven 350,
Layer macaroni, butter, and cheese in the order given in a 9-by-13 dish. Pour milk over the top layer. Bake 1 hr. do not cover.
To prevent this dish from becoming too brown and crusty, cover with foil for the last 15 min. of baking.

Wow LM, that's our family recipe minus the mozzarella. It's a staple at family gatherings. We don't layer it, we just mix the dry noodles and shredded cheese together until it looks evenly distributed, pour the milk to cover and lay pats of butter on top. :thumb:

Never trust a man that wont eat Pork! Marines aint picky any thing beats the Chow line and M eals R ejected by E verybody. Thanks for giving something back. Sepmer Fi

here is one that was just referenced to me

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdiwAxPuDNY"]Patti LaBelle cooking "over the rainbow" macaroni and cheese - YouTube[/ame]

Here is a super easy one. It uses flour, but you don't make a roux with it. This recipe is enough for 80 people, so just double it up.

Ingredients:

4 pounds elbow macaroni
4 pounds Velveeta
3/4 pound butter (3 sticks)
1 1/2 cup flour
1 gallon milk
6 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.

Directions:

Cook macaroni; rinse and set aside. Melt butter and add flour, salt, pepper, and milk; cook, stirring constantly until smooth. Add Velveeta, stir until well blended. Pour over macaroni, mix, then put in steam pans and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 1 hour at 350*.

Never trust a man that wont eat Pork!

Even if you don't dig on filthy animals?

pulp_fiction_jules.jpg

I do the roux thing at home, but for big cooks I use a big bag or two of elbow macaroni from SAMs with a #10 can of bakers and chefs cheddar cheese sauce from sams and a quart of milk. Makes two or three steam trays.

Boil the noodles, drain, add can of cheese, and some of the milk and mix. Thin with the milk until you get the consistency you want.

I preferr baked mac and cheese but the bakers and chefs cheese makes a ton of pretty decent mac and cheese for a good price.

I had a breaded and deep fried ball of mac and cheese with lunch today. Man was that good.

Chris

Back