MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
Willie G
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Dr. Chicken double smoked ham and kiss of death injection...Awesome

OK, new to the site. I posted a Thank You to PatioDaddio for his turkey brine directions. While I'm at it I needed to thank Dr. Chicken for this recipe.

My family wanted a ham to go along with the Turkey for Thanksgiving. So yet again I turned to the BBQ Brethren, and found Dr. Chicken's Double Smoked Ham with Kiss of Death Injection. Unlike the PattioDaddio Turkey's I did get to eat some of this ham and it was awesome!

I do have to admit, a ham recipe from a guy that is called Dr. Chicken?
OMG, he needs to change his name to Dr. Ham!

I did smoke with pecan at his suggestion and it did add a nice flavor to the ham as well. I suggest everyone trying this recipe at least once, twice, etc.

Sorry, I only took the one pic, but did follow his instructions to the letter!
Willie G is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
Cloudsmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

One of my all-time favorites. Hadn't heard about Dr. Chicken in a long time - super, good man.

Tags
Double Smoked Ham