The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 10-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #31
sdbbq1234
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscw81 View Post
This seriously saddens me. I was planning on getting the kcbs membership tomorrow and draining my bank account on saturday.

Question: my neighbor friends have a construction business and also a tanning business. Is it possible for them to get a memberships and they authorize me and I get a RD card?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Try it; what do you have to lose.

wallace
- A bunch on other outdoor cooking stuff.
- KCBS CBJ# 58657
- MABA Member

"Take luck!"
sdbbq1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #32
bigdogphin
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0

Just walk into a RD and play completely dumb and be nice. Say you shopped there before. Have a business card of your BBQ team handy....and I bet you get at least a day pass if not a full membership...

Custom Yoder Frontiersman II and YS1500

Reverse FEC 100 & Right Handed FEC 100
1 UDS
Desert Thermapen W/ American flag
Green Thermapen
KCBS & PNWBA CBJ
bigdogphin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #33
Slamdunkpro
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
This seriously saddens me. I was planning on getting the kcbs membership tomorrow and draining my bank account on saturday.

Question: my neighbor friends have a construction business and also a tanning business. Is it possible for them to get a memberships and they authorize me and I get a RD card?

Yes, there is no limit to the number of cards RD gives to a membership. Cards are not tied to individuals so you don't need any authorization. Have them set up a cash/credit card account and pay sales tax and you're good to go.

Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #34
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro View Post
Yes, there is no limit to the number of cards RD gives to a membership. Cards are not tied to individuals so you don't need any authorization. Have them set up a cash/credit card account and pay sales tax and you're good to go.
Hmmm so if can talk said neighbor in to going all they have to do is set up an account and chose to pay tax on all purchases? I'd hate to say......"hey neighbor, open a credit card so I can get brisket and tri-tip at a good price" lol

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #35
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Hmmm so if can talk said neighbor in to going all they have to do is set up an account and chose to pay tax on all purchases? I'd hate to say......"hey neighbor, open a credit card so I can get brisket and tri-tip at a good price" lol

Well if the neighbors are going to get to eat some of said brisket.
Q-Dat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #36
dhuffjr
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Yes, it will have the persons name on it that opens the account but you can use it. I am an authorized user for a friends automotive shop's account. There are no accounts set up you pay when you purchase, at least I do.

Unread 10-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #37
Warthog
is one Smokin' Farker

I still use my KCBS RD card. The alarm goes off but the girl behind the counter presses a few buttons and I am good to go. I would think KCBS would realize that the RD account was a big draw for many members. Lets hope they get this worked out. My fallback would be my brother in law who is an electrician and has a RD account from his business. I do have an EIN number but NJ wants $100 for a business license.

Unread 10-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #38
va92bronco

RD revoking KCBS memberships right now is not surprising to me at all. Found out a couple of months ago that RD is opening a branch in Richmond probably 10 minutes away from me in December. Before it was about two hours away.

Was waiting till the Richmond branch opened to go my first time. Might have to try plan B. Parents own their own business. Not food related, but maybe I'll get lucky and it will work.
Damage BBQ 250gal offset reverse flow homemade smoker on 5x8 trailer named #2.
va92bronco is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #39
GMDGeek
Take a breath!

Well I wanted to set up my Q team as a Business anyways ...now to dig in an read up on it in the state of Texas.

I do know I did an LLC for my Photography. Wonder if that license will work.

Unread 10-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #40
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by va92bronco View Post
RD revoking KCBS memberships right now is not surprising to me at all. Found out a couple of months ago that RD is opening a branch in Richmond probably 10 minutes away from me in December. Before it was about two hours away.

Was waiting till the Richmond branch opened to go my first time. Might have to try plan B. Parents own their own business. Not food related, but maybe I'll get lucky and it will work.
Their website says there is already one in richmond, thats the one I was planning on going to. I haven't called them yet though.

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Unread 10-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #41
Slamdunkpro
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:

When I said cash/credit card what I meant was a pay at the register account vs an account with 30 day terms or where you can write a check.

BTW depending on which side of Fredricksburg you're on Alexandria might be closer.

Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #42
va92bronco

Quote:
Their website says there is already one in richmond, thats the one I was planning on going to. I haven't called them yet though.

I heard Dec 2012. RD website had 1st quarter of 2013. They don't have phone numbers listed as of yet. They are converting a Kroger that closed several months ago. Believe me. I've been keeping an eye on this building waiting for it to open. Might have to camp out the night before it opens so I can be the first one
Damage BBQ 250gal offset reverse flow homemade smoker on 5x8 trailer named #2.
va92bronco is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #43
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 2

I looked through the KCBS website and didn't see any mention of it other than the RD logo was removed from their discount page. I'm guessing KCBS figured the best way to let people know was to have them show up at RD and get turned away?
50" Klose BYC, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Jumbo Old Smokey, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
Golden Goose Egg - Got 2 in the nest baby!
SPFP
Mayzie's keeping an eye out for you!
WTFWGALD?
gtr is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 10-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #44
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro View Post
When I said cash/credit card what I meant was a pay at the register account vs an account with 30 day terms or where you can write a check.

BTW depending on which side of Fredricksburg you're on Alexandria might be closer.
Oh, I see what ya mean now. The business owner opens an account where they pay tax at purchase and they can authorize a non-relative to purchase with their account. Right? I live in south fredericksburg so richmond is a bit closer, I think. Besides, I have horrible horrible dreams at night about washington/alexandria traffic.

Thanks for the help :D

EDIT: va92bronco said the richmond store, in fact, is not open yet. I may be parked alexandria traffic some time ;-)

Unread 10-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #45
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by va92bronco View Post
I heard Dec 2012. RD website had 1st quarter of 2013. They don't have phone numbers listed as of yet. They are converting a Kroger that closed several months ago. Believe me. I've been keeping an eye on this building waiting for it to open. Might have to camp out the night before it opens so I can be the first one
Sad news, but thanks for letting me know. Don't forget to let the brethren know when it finally opens. :D