Wanna start competing...

superdan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum but what the heck... I am in Nor Cal and was trying to look at the California BBQ Association web site but it doesn't work well.
I was wondering if any of you guys are involved or knew of a site listing comps coming up. I couldn't find much googling around either.
Any advice would be awesome!
Thanks!

Get to it! We kicked around the idea of competing for over a year before we did. Even then, it's because a friend of our cook had changed his mind about a contest and gave us his spot. It was on two weeks notice, and we used a borrowed smoker we'd never used, haha. We scored three calls, plus two calls in sides, securing a top ten finish, and it was the best feeling ever! We jumped in and are learning as.we go, but it's one of the most fun things I've ever done.

Did you Register on the CBBQA site? I just logged in and it works fine for me. There are a lot of members that hang out here so I'm sure someone will chime in soon and hip you to upcoming events in the NorCal area.

Hell, I'm a dues paying member and I don't even live in California. You will meet a lot of very nice people in the area-get involved NOW!

Back