Hooray! I broke the toilet!

Foxfire

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
...Which forced me to stop by Ace Hardware this morning so I could grab a replacement ballcock kit. I even went out of my way to swing by this particular store so I could ogle the 26.75" Weber kettles no one else seems to keep in stock around here. After fiddling with it a bit I headed home to fix the john before the Giants / Reds game started.

All went smoothly until I realized the float rod that came in the kit was too long for my tank. Cursing my luck I flew out the door to the Lowe's a couple blocks away so I could get back in time for the game.

I walk in the door and low and behold, what do I see in their (greatly reduced) grill section? A 26" Weber. What da heck? They never carry those. :confused: So I took a closer look...

tag_zps99c84590.jpg

I debated that one quite a bit but the better half convinced me it was meant to be. :whoo:

This thing is big!

open_zpsb3ace176.jpg

Welcome home! Decided "Big John" would be an appropriate name. :lol:

home_zpsf55fe4a2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Killer score! You're gonna love that thing - what a great cooker - the extra space really is nice to have. :thumb:

I wiped it down and am finishing a little seasoning burn and already notice the extra space is going to make it perfect for kettle smoking. So much easier to keep the temps low than on my 22.5".

Don't forget to give the 22.5" a little love once in a while. They really appreciate it and you don't want it getting all lonely and jealous.

Now that IS a score! :beer:
Congrats and Good Luck with Big John.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Nice find! It was meant to be!

Now good thing you fixed the John because big John means more meat which means more-------lol

Enjoy and anxious to see photos of your first cook on it

Mannnn, I've been looking to score one of these for quite some time. Great find. Make us proud and put it to good use.

Holy smokes! That is half price! What a great deal. I have one of those and love it. You can put a lot of food on that puppy. Congrats.

Um, nice score! but now you got me thinking. I was at home depot the other night and they had a 26" otg for $150, $149 actually, now I'm thinking I should've bought it. How much are they normally?

Back