Dickey's BBQ Restaurant. Any good?

speedrcer1

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hi,
I have to travel to our Allentown PA office for the next few weeks. Some of the local places I've been to have great scenery :wink: but the food is a little ho-hum.
I saw a Dickey's BBQ. I've heard it's a chain.
Any good?

NO!!!! They don't even have a Smoker in the joint. they opened one in Waco about 4 yrs ago it lasted 6 mths and there aint a good BBQ joint in Waco but the sorry ones that where there before are still there SO....

Here's an alternative - find local Brethren in the Allentown area and have a meat-fest.

For chain BBQ its not the worst in my opinion. I'd eat there again before I went to McDonalds.

We had one open in Kearney a few months ago. They are doing very well. There is a "real" smoker on site BTW... You can smell it blocks away. The Q is better than I anticipated. 1st time around not so good but they were just getting off the ground. Went back a couple months later and it was much better. I visited with the owner and he's very serious about its success. Yes, it's fast food BBQ but not that bad if you go in with that understanding.

It sounds like it may be hit or miss depending on the location. Unless someone who has tried the Q from the Allentown PA location pipes up I would challenge you to give it a try & let us know. The BBQ sauce is pretty smoky so be aware of that. Oh ya, the free ice cream ain't to bad either... Cheers!!!

Thanks all. I guess that's the same with all franchises, hit or miss.
I know this one has a smoker as I also could smell it going for lunch nearby.
All the other local joints are like wanna-be Hooters. Nice to look at, but the food so-so at best.

i always look for a family owned places first. not chain food.
have eat at 1 .might go back. but would look hard for something else

Back