The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 11-25-2005, 02:46 PM   #1
icemn62
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Weekend Cook?

I know it is the weekend following Thanksgiving, but is there anybody cooking this weekend? Or will you be like me and try to rid your self of the Turkey Day leftovers?

If I do any cooking, then I am going to work on the Chicken Thighs I did 2 weeks ago. They were good but I am shooting for perfection.

I AM LOVING THE SMOKE

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
icemn62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-25-2005, 03:14 PM   #2
nmayeux
Babbling Farker

I would love to cook, but I will probably be working, as well as worrying about how much my wife is spending at the mall!
nmayeux is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-25-2005, 04:07 PM   #3
MrSmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Turkey yesterday,turkey sammiches today.I'm need some porkkkkkkk tommorrow.i'm feeling weak
Arizona Chapter BBQ Brethren-----AZBarbeque Hall of Fame, North American Outdoors Grill,Charbroil Red, #7 Custom Red Kamado, Bandera
MrSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-25-2005, 05:08 PM   #4
qman
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmoker
Turkey yesterday,turkey sammiches today.I'm need some porkkkkkkk tommorrow.i'm feeling weak
Me too. We have been on vacation, I have not cooked much for a week, except for deep-frying a turkey yesterday, and coaching my son on a double-smoked ham.
I need real pork!!!!
It will be Sunday though. I am planning three or four slab of loin-backs, a few fatties to restock my freezer, and a butt to pull if I can get started early enough.

Unread 11-25-2005, 05:34 PM   #5
Ron_L

Downloads: 1

Since I didn't cook for Thanksgiving, I'm cooking tonight and tomorrow. Dinner tonight is my daughter's favorite, Lemon Chicken. She got the recipe from her 4th grade teacher. Its soo simple. Pound out some chicken breasts until they are 1/2 inch thick, bread and pary fry until done. remove the chicken to the oven to keep hot and deglaze the pan with some fresh lomon juice and add some lemon slices. Heat through and then serve over the checken.

Then, I am putting a 15 lb packer brisket into the Cookshack at about 8:00pm for tomorrow's dinner. I have it trimmed and rubbed down with Montreal Steak Seasoning. I'm going to use a little hickory and some apple wood.

Pictures to follow!

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-25-2005, 06:48 PM   #6
Smoker
is One Chatty Farker

I got 3 fatties, 6 racks of Babybacks and about 3 dozen chicken thighs and who knows what else ready to go in the Bandera tomorrow morning. Poobah, BrooklynQ, RBSNWNGS, MilitantSquatter, Mel, SawdustGuy and a few others are coming over to rid their bodies of that fowl turkey.

SHOULD BE FUN!!!

Smoker
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-25-2005, 06:55 PM   #7
Samichlaus
is one Smokin' Farker

6 slabs of St. Louis Style Ribs, turkey drums, chicken thighs, about a dozen kielbasas & a fattie.
Samichlaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-25-2005, 07:59 PM   #8
spicewine
Babbling Farker

Sounds like a NEWYOFO Mini bash!!! After Thanksgiving, the last thing I want is Turkey. I am having some friends over tomorrow for dinner. Prime rib is on sale and I am fresh out of Phil's Undie rub Oh well, I will have to make due!!

SPICEWINE IRONWORKS
Award Winning Smokers, Sauces and Spices
Columbia Missouri
www.spicewineironworks.com
PERFECT, PERFECT 180 CHICKEN 2011

1ST. PLACE PORK
AMERICAN ROYAL (OPEN) 2012

PERFECT SCORE180 IN RIBS 2013

BEST SAUCE IN THE WORLD ( BLUE COLLAR )
AMERICAN ROYAL 2009

BEST RUB IN THE WORLD ( HEFFER DUST )
AMERICAN ROYAL 2007
MOFO Chapter
CISC Master BBQ Chef
spicewine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-25-2005, 10:06 PM   #9
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicewine
...I am fresh out of Phil's Undie rub Oh well, I will have to make due!!
Or make doo and come up with your own undie rub...

Did I really type that? I think I need a drink...

Fatties are done. I sliced an end off of one for a snack and then foiled them and stuck them in the fridge for morning. Brisket is chugging along nicely. Itsw at 102 internal right now.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend

Unread 11-26-2005, 07:39 AM   #10
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Wifey is going to make soup with one of the turkey carcasses today. I'll divide up the leftover ham and turkey into smaller packages for the freezer. Had 1/2 a JD hot fatty for breakfast with some Triskets.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

NB Bandera-Firebox & Baffle Mod, WSM, Weber: Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), WSM, Three 22 1/2" Kettles, 2 Brinkman Dual Zone Proffessional Grills, Smoky Joe, Uniflame Tabletop Gasser, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove & 3 UDS's.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-26-2005, 08:59 AM   #11
Ron_L

I think we're saving leftovers for otmorrow or Monday. I'm going to make some Asparagus Wild Rice soup with some of the leftover turkey.

My Monster brisket is looking great! My Nutemps are acting a bit wierd. I noticed that the brisket temp went from 181 to 199 in a 20 minute period, so I went out to the cooker with my instant read thermometer and probe a few places. I could feel resistance as I slid the probe in, so I knew it wasn't done. The instant read said it was 175. I put a nutemp probe in the same spot and it read 205. I wonder if the cold has affected the nutemp remotes?

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

Remembering a friend

Unread 11-26-2005, 09:22 AM   #12
dxesmkr
On the road to being a farker

I cooked a few butts yesterday and some chicken on the grill.

Willy T.

"Its better to give someone a hand than just a finger."
dxesmkr is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-26-2005, 09:24 AM   #13
ulikadawgs
Knows what a fatty is.

Sausage, sausage and more sausage. I tried one of those jalapeno and cheese stuffed fatties the other day and it was so good that I just put 3 more on the dera along with some link italian sausage and a half rack of babybacks. ummm only 3 more hours.
ulikadawgs is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-26-2005, 06:30 PM   #14
qman
Babbling Farker

Pizza Hut delivery for tonight, We rode our bikes all day today. I AM cooking tomorrow, as I said earlier. You can smell my smoke by 9 am in the morning, maybe sooner. At least a pork butt, and some ribs, and fatties.

Let the good times roll

Unread 11-26-2005, 09:23 PM   #15
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Mexican food at a restaurant tonight for the wife's 40th birthday. Tomorrow, I'll be serving up some ribs I've taken out of the freezer for lunch before my two brothers-in-law head for the airport. After that, who knows for my mom and dad-in-law, sis-in-law and neice?
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote